Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting NOS for my car, but don't know if my base model prelude can handle it. I know people with v-tec who is running on NOS, but whut about the base models? Is anyone currently running NOS on their base model prelude or know if it is safe to do so? Please educate me..thanks

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Exactly. Typically you don't wan't to go over a 25% increase in power for reliability. You can go over that, and many people will tell you that it is okay, but I would stay away from a larger shot w/ no internal mods. That puts you at 40 hp. A 55 shot should be fine. Make sure that you get new plugs. Oher items to consider to maximize safety include blow down tubes, nitrous filter, air/fuel gauge, purge, and possibly a window switch.

· Registered
321 Posts
Ludeboy said:
Exactly. Typically you don't wan't to go over a 25% increase in power for reliability.
It's 40% actually, not 25%. I talked to a guy that dyno'd a 75 shot on a prelude S and he came back with something like a 60 whp increase and a total of 250wtrq. I was shocked when I heard the numbers he was laying down.

· Registered
321 Posts
It had stock internals. I'm not sure of everything that he had, but for a 75 shot he should have:
1. an ignition
2. colder plugs
3. better wires(optional)
4. a fuel pressure regulator
5. a fuel gauge
6. nitrous gauge
7. MSD window switch and fuel pressure safety switch or a Jacob's nitrous mastermind.
A bottle heater and purge kit are also nice, but not necessary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.