Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering what kinds of 1/4 times I could expect if I throw a 50 shot on my car. It's a 1995 Integra GSR with intake, header, exhaust, &wires. I don't know what my times are now I assume like 14.7-15.0 but don't know. How much would a 50 shot improve that time??

· Registered
314 Posts
Why is running slicks to get 13's sad? Dont' you want to maximize your potential every time out? I know I do. I would never go to the track and run my car on street tires, unless I just wanted to compare the difference in my times when running slicks versus street tires. If your car makes enough power, you are never going to be able to hook it up on street tires not to mention waste 5 tenths to a full second because you either had to launch at an extremely low RPM or launch at a reasonable RPM and create nothing but smoke. I don't think there is anything wrong with running slicks to achieve 13 second et's.

· Registered
321 Posts
Mugenpwr said:
Why is running slicks to get 13's sad? Dont' you want to maximize your potential every time out?
Slicks simply aren't necessary to run 13s. You can do it on a good set of drag radials and still have your car streetable. Of course I want to maximize my car's potential, but how are times on slicks relavent to the real world? If you invest in a pair of BFG drag radials and some lightweight rims, you can take those on the streets and recreate your track times in the real world. If you really want to burn up some slicks to run 13 second 1/4 miles that's fine, but I'll be the guy staging next to you laughing my ass off.

· Registered
314 Posts
I'm talking about BFG Drag radials, not full blown drag slicks. Sorry if I didn't explain myself clearly enough. Yes, I agree unless your in all out comptetion drag slicks aren't worth it to run 13's, especially high 13's at that.

· Registered
321 Posts
Mugenpwr said:
I'm talking about BFG Drag radials, not full blown drag slicks. Sorry if I didn't explain myself clearly enough. Yes, I agree unless your in all out comptetion drag slicks aren't worth it to run 13's, especially high 13's at that.
I love arguing with someone, who is saying the same thing as me. :) BFGs and nitrous go together like girls and whipped cream.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.