Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to nos and have read a few of the threads but still have not found out how to set up an auto with nos being that sometime rpm levels jump and i dont want that to happen while spraying so is there a way around that problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
you would run an rpm based window switch to ensure that nitrous only sprays from say, 3000 up to about 100 rpm below your shift point.

othatcivic said:
im new to nos and have read a few of the threads but still have not found out how to set up an auto with nos being that sometime rpm levels jump and i dont want that to happen while spraying so is there a way around that problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
what does your accord run on the spray?

bonestock94 said:
i ran a window switch and also ran a tranny oil cooler but still blew out my auto tranny. glad i converted it to 5spd.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
bonestock94 said:
no track times of it when it was auto.

only went once after the 5spd conversion and it went mid 14's w/ 75shot, full interior w/ some mad wheel hop and really shitty 60 ft.
mid 14s in an accord? wat u got in there now anyways? any internal work? cant be stock with nitrous running 14s with bad traction? :number1

·
Registered
187 Posts
i heard running a windows switch can actually be harder on the motor itself rather than just letting it run through the gears...its like a shock cutting it off mid shift and then having it spray again. the guy thats putting a kit on my auto said my 55-75 shot would be fine on my auto and stock bottom end, although it is a JDM h22a haha prob gonna handle it better than an f22 tranny..but im still considered a noob i dont know shit

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
mid 14s in an accord? wat u got in there now anyways? any internal work? cant be stock with nitrous running 14s with bad traction? :number1
now its turbo but off the street for now, making solid rear and side mounts and putting on an hondata IM gasket.

back then it was just i/h/e 75 shot w/ spare, subs, and amp out. i wish i would have ran a few more times with the spray. this guy w/ a same f22b1 engine and a slightly heavier CL chassis pulled a low 14 on spray w/ i/h/e and 23" m&h.

these f22s are stout...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts