Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, ive done a search and found nothing....

it seems for the d series engine that everyone goes JRSC...now i don't even know what else is out there but i've gotten sort of mixed reviews on the whole JRSC setup, and negative about their customer service and warranty.

now what other supercharger setups are out there??!! and how are they? i am really leaning towards SC over turbo but if i'm going to throw down the cash i want to make sure i do it right.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
What else you want Vortech? That kit is bad enough on the larger B series engine already so I don't know why you would even consider another type of supercharger over the JRSC.

Let me put it this way, I have not had any problems since I've had the car except for belt failure. And even when the belt is not on there, the car is okay without it. Its just that your car won't boost. It'll be like driving a stock car.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
No no no no.

I was just using the Vortech kit as a comparison. The only SC that I know of for the D series motors are the JRSC kits. What I meant was that the Vortech kit for the larger B series is not that good for our small displacemnt motors the way that it is already. So if they were to put it on the smaller D series motor (which they don't have it kit for) it would be even worse.

Vortech is not bad, just bad for small displacement motors like Honda engines.

· Registered
31 Posts
ever heard of a lysom type supercharger ... or somesort? I read on superhonda forums some time back that it's much better than vortech and jsrc.

It's got the top end like a vortech and the low end like a jsrc. I remember reading something about european cars using this kind of supercharger (the lysom kind, how ever you spell it).

· Registered
2,529 Posts
Lysolm chargers are very nice, I would love to have one, but I dont' think it would mate up with the JR manifold very well, and that's an added luxury to me at this point since it's already supercharged.

· Registered
31 Posts
ahhh .. so my memory dosn't fail me. The lysolm type blower. Just a few questions. Is it ex? Where to get it? Any names to recommend? I'm here in asia, and not much pple actually do charge their cars. They like turbos more. I'm drivin a honda sedan, and i'd like it more for the torquey feel for the car. Not really for racin. And since i remember something about being able to have the best of both worlds, I was thinkin, why not? =D

So anyone knows?

· Registered
316 Posts
cprime said:
I don't want to sound like an idiot
but is this kind of like the kennebell postive displacment unit that i've seen on some fords??? ( i guess it's roots based)
Similar. Actually, Lysolm is Swedish made, I think. The Kenne Bell is a knockoff of it. Don't get me wrong, it's a really good knockoff. And, it can be had for a much more reasonable price...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.