Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My friend said that NSX can not roll over while driving straight and making a sharp turn. However, I believe any car can roll over by doing this. I know that the NSX has superior handling, but I'm sorry to say that NSX can rollover by making sharp turns with sufficient speed. Just want your opinions on this topic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes an nsx can roll over given the right situation. Just like any other car. Its difficult to do in an nsx being a mid-engine, low stance, wide car. But anything is possible if you try hard enough.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
my god we really need to institute some sort of intelligence test to be able to post.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Acura NSX Amazing Crash

proof nsx's can be flipped, albiet by complete moron who just trashed a 100k$ car racing a civic, but it still can be flipped, and torn in half, and flown over a concrete barrier. But after all that wreckage, they driver walked away with a fractured neck. Coulda been worse.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
stupid pple are soo awesome.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Assuming an ideal road way (nothing to run in to) the car will just skid out of control. I would have to know the track width of the car and the height of the center of gravity, but I would think its wide and low enough to not flip. The tires can only produce so much lateral force, I highly doubt this force (coefficient of friction times down force) exceeds the moment of the vehicle. Since we know that during races cars regularly approach and exceed the traction limits of the tires it is safe to assume this limit is well with in the roll limits of the NSX.
If this seems scatter brained i was up all last night writing a paper.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
I could go into and the changing of surfaces stuff I learned in accident investigation. But look at it like this. Watch F1 racing, those cars flip and they are the best designed cars on the planet.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
gran turismo 6 checklist:

car damage: check

rolling over: kazunori yamauchi yells, "programming team assemble!"

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
it's possible but with anything designed to look like a LMP or super GT car it will be hard to roll of course you know the old saying make something idiot proof and they'll make a better idiot

Reactions: drummingpariah

·
Registered
621 Posts
i highly doubt that you could flip a nsx on flat ground. maybe if there where a curb or something the car could hit but besides that, i think the car would just lose control and spin out. The nsx is real low to the ground and has a wide body.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
i highly doubt that you could flip a nsx on flat ground. maybe if there where a curb or something the car could hit but besides that, i think the car would just lose control and spin out. The nsx is real low to the ground and has a wide body.
enough momentum + enough friction = flipped NSX

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.