Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about getting an NSX in spring and was wondering about the reliability of them. I was looking at the older ones 91-94 and found a few but will be really looking in the spring. I plan to get one with decent miles hopefully under 70k. I was wondering how hard it would be to make a N/A NSX have 300whp. I would go turbo but I would want 450+whp and I don't need that so just wondering If I could get 300whp out of the stock motor.
Thanks;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
not hard at all. there very reliable. you can get over 300 whp with just bolts on. like headers. airbox, exhaust but they can get expensive. parts for the car will cost more but then agian you got a very limited nsx. i got like 305 whp with just bolt-ons on my NSX. since you are only looking for 450 hp. I recommened getting a super charger. Alot cheaper then a turbo kit. SC can run you around 6-9 K .Yes 6-9k , a turbo set up can cost you more then 12k. I told you car parts are expensive. check out nsx prime thats where most of the nsx owners go on. You can do your research there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most motor upgrades I see have been superchargers (Comptech) vs turbo chargers. I don't own an NSX but considering it just for something to do. Someone wants to trade a 92 NSX+cash for my Lambo Diablo. I like the reliability and its place in history compared to exotics I normally drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Funny, I'm selling my Diablo anyway not trading it. It's just a way to get most of my money out of the Diablo while having a chance to drive something different for a couple of months then sell it. Obviously I wouldn't trade a Diablo for an NSX, the NSX is hardly a down payment. Also, my daily driver is a Superleggera, the NSX is just a toy compared to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.