Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel for Nvidia. If you check the benchmarks on Half Life 2 at tomshardware you can see that the Nvidia line up sux compared to Ati. My 9600 Pro is kicking th shit of the 5900 Ultra. My $170 card is kicking the shit out of a $500 card!!! Then for Nvidia to be humiliated by the Half Life 2 rep/spokes person, that must have hurt. Now it has been strongly confirmed that Xbox2 and Gamecube 2 will BOTH be incorporating ATi cards NOT Nvidia. Sad Sad Sad SAD

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I should have made that clear. Anyways the next nintendo system is supposed to have an ATi chip as well.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah it's funny because I'm here at a convention in San Jose, and I passed by the nVidia corporate center off San Tomas Expressway (which looks very nice) and I wondered how long they would even have that building for :) The funny part is that not less than 2 years ago I was their biggest supporter and now, I root for them dirty canadians (ATI). You really have got to hand it to ATI for being the underdog and taking the crown away from the KING of graphics cards for 6 years. The Radeon 9700 Pro absolutly kicked everyone on their asses and to this day still beats 95% of the cards nvidia has brought out. The nVidia 5950 is a joke and a half, loosing to the high end radeon series cards by a good margin in most games and the 9800 XT is currently the fastest card on the planet... if you've got 5 hunny to blow off...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
nvidia said it doesn't want to do business with microsoft again. that's why ati took over the xbox or something. something microsoft did or said made nvidia lose some sales.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
with the new drivers that were just released, have there been any tests made that show an increase in performance like they were claiming? i hope so...i don't wanna have to sell the FX 5600 i just bought...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
alithiem said:
Yeah it's funny because I'm here at a convention in San Jose, and I passed by the nVidia corporate center off San Tomas Expressway (which looks very nice) and I wondered how long they would even have that building for :) The funny part is that not less than 2 years ago I was their biggest supporter and now, I root for them dirty canadians (ATI). You really have got to hand it to ATI for being the underdog and taking the crown away from the KING of graphics cards for 6 years. The Radeon 9700 Pro absolutly kicked everyone on their asses and to this day still beats 95% of the cards nvidia has brought out. The nVidia 5950 is a joke and a half, loosing to the high end radeon series cards by a good margin in most games and the 9800 XT is currently the fastest card on the planet... if you've got 5 hunny to blow off...

my feelings exactly

a year and a half ago when i bought my GF4 Ti4400, i gave my ATi friends shit for days, now i feel like a fucking looser :mad:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
IntegraTypeRS said:
nvidia said it doesn't want to do business with microsoft again. that's why ati took over the xbox or something. something microsoft did or said made nvidia lose some sales.

Microsoft fucking sucks cock...they think they can guy gamers

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
heh a year and 3 months ago all my friends ragged on me for purchasing a Radeon 9500 Pro and they all got a ti4200 or ti4600... today my card still works beautifully and they are forking out money again for an ati card or another Nvidiot card if they're really into pain.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5gencivic said:
heh a year and 3 months ago all my friends ragged on me for purchasing a Radeon 9500 Pro and they all got a ti4200 or ti4600... today my card still works beautifully and they are forking out money again for an ati card or another Nvidiot card if they're really into pain.
The 9500 Pro is fvcking awesome. I would literaly kill for a 9500 Pro and have a sweet time modding that sob.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
IntegraTypeRS said:
from what i read nvidia was charging microsoft 2x the price for what they were getting.
ati stepped in and said they could do similar or better for 1/2 the cost. so microsoft dropped nvidia.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
5gencivic said:
from what i read nvidia was charging microsoft 2x the price for what they were getting.
ati stepped in and said they could do similar or better for 1/2 the cost. so microsoft dropped nvidia.
LOL, Nvidia is full of stupid biotches. They're in no position to try and charge people or companies more, they're asking to be in the position they're in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts