Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Having a 2nd battery would help prevent theft or no?

I want to wire a 2nd battery into the trunk. I want it to power my system AND my alarm. If thieves cut the battery in the front, they will be in for a surprise as i will have a shop wire the alarm to the battery in the trunk (unless its easy and i can do it myself). Do i jus run the positive wire (0 gauge) from the front battery to the trunk, and ground the battery in the trunk to the chassis? I would prolly need a H/O alternator right? Then i will connect the alarm to it, and also my system will be connected with a Batcap, then a distro block capacitor, then to the amps itself. Does this sound like a good idea?

EDIT: what is this revealco thing i hear about? Anyone have a link to it?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well I heard the backup batteries need to be changed often, and how hard are they to change if i locate them high up in my dash? I do not want them to be easily accessible for thieves. And a yellow top battery with a batcap and a capacitor with a built-in distro block would not need a h/o alternator for a 3000 watt system? I think i may use the backup batteries provided with the alarm, and maybe get a 2nd transmitter in case the first one that pages me is destroyed. The wiring would go like this rite:

I will take your advice and just use the backup batteries, I really did not want to add a 20 lb. battery to my trunk anyways. Would one batcap really power a whole 4000 watt system w/o any dimming at all? And what is this revealco that i heard about that makes it so the car cannot start until you plug in something attached to ur key chain?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.