Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so recently I just put exhaust on my '98 Ex. I hollowed the cat., piped the rest 2 1/4", and have a silver bullet muffler. I also have 4-2-1 header, but my prob. is that my Down Stream O2 sensor is causing my check engine light to come on. I keep resetting it, but after a couple of days, it comes right back on. Is there anyway I can bypass this, or do something to keep the check engine light from coming on. Thanks!

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
civicleo said:
Ok, so recently I just put exhaust on my '98 Ex. I hollowed the cat., piped the rest 2 1/4", and have a silver bullet muffler. I also have 4-2-1 header, but my prob. is that my Down Stream O2 sensor is causing my check engine light to come on. I keep resetting it, but after a couple of days, it comes right back on. Is there anyway I can bypass this, or do something to keep the check engine light from coming on. Thanks!
its from ur cat being hollowed. the o2 is trying to check the cats efficiency and its of course not good. i suggest getting one of those o2 simulation things, put ur cat back, go with an obd1 ecu.

clearing it wont do anything because once ur car runs thru the drive cycles the code will come back along with the light

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what happened to my brakes?????

I just put in Eibach springs Prokit and have all of a sudden started expieriencing problems with my brakes. Every once in a while the pedal justs drops. I found my driver side banjo bolt was loose. Wierd because I never touched my brakes when I put the springs on. But anyway I replaced the gaskets and tightened it back up and bled the hell out of all the wheels. But once or twice a week the pedal still drops. What do you think? Also I bought that O2 simulator and it doesn't seem to work with my check engine light.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't a hollowed out cat basically the same as a test pipe? I have the full exhaust and didn't want the restriction of the cat. So what do you think about the brakes? What tire size do you use for 17x7 rims?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.