Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experiance with O2 sensors? I plan on replacing mine but I dont know if one brand is better than the other, and what brand is best. OEM units are about $200 but aftermarket ones range from $20-$60.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
The more expensive ones are plug and play units. No soudering required. The lesser ones you have to cut your carness and souder it onto the new sensor, I used this type. I couldn't see paying over $100 more to have the plug already on it....

·
Registered
2,429 Posts

I bought this sensor from them for the 95 GSR. Its straight plug and play for about $50. here is the direct link to part number 24172 sensor

Assuming your car is basically aa 92 LS engine (should be the same for the GS anyways), you'll need this NGK/NTK part 24033 or this Denso part 234-1017. You choose. They are both plug and play, at least I know the NGK/NTK one is. So $25-$30 depending on which one you want.

The NGK/NTK one is slightly cheaper. The 92 GSR though uses the same sensor as the one I got above, the 24172. Otherwise, just get the other one listed.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Nevermind, just say your sig, you have a 91. Either way, just use the site search feature and it'll tell you what you need. Should pretty much be the same though.

Edited the part numbers to reflect your year and model teg. Its also cheaper for the O2 sensor too. $20-30 depeding on which brand you want, which are both good btw, is pretty cheap for plug and play.

The universal NGK/NTK one sells for $18. But for a couple of bucks more you could get one thats pain free and clicks right in.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the 91 sensor is different than any of the newer sensors and cheaper too. Thanks for the link female four. Im going with NTK/NGK since I've personally had problems with Bosch plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.