Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you may know im swapping a b16 into my CRX do you have to run two O2 sensors? or just one? any? if i run just one will the ECU go nuts?

also what temp thermostat should i get? i read somewhere 170 but this doesnt seem right

and lastly how do you tension the timing belt? something about spin the crank a few notches what notches are they talking about? hhummm help

Thanks in advance

Cameron

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
teamhonda_69 said:
as some of you may know im swapping a b16 into my CRX do you have to run two O2 sensors? or just one? any? if i run just one will the ECU go nuts?

also what temp thermostat should i get? i read somewhere 170 but this doesnt seem right

and lastly how do you tension the timing belt? something about spin the crank a few notches what notches are they talking about? hhummm help

Thanks in advance

Cameron

you will need to wire up 2 02 sensors, get an OEM theromostat, and to adjust the tension on the timing belt you tighten or loosen the tensioner

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Re: Re: O2 sensors and other questions

temp03 said:
you will need to wire up 2 02 sensors, get an OEM theromostat, and to adjust the tension on the timing belt you tighten or loosen the tensioner
temp knows best.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Re: O2 sensors and other questions

phan said:
temp knows best.

phan didnt you say you were running no o2 sensors? haha

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: O2 sensors and other questions

temp03 said:
to adjust the tension on the timing belt you tighten or loosen the tensioner

yeah but it says something about running the crank back three notches then torqeng the tensioner or some shit like that

I prolly got it good enough

·
Registered
150 Posts
yes you need to add the secondary 02 sensor or you will have codes and eventually problems. its simple,you take the oem connector off the jdm harness and solder it to a wire which runs to the proper ecu pin (hasport's web site shows you)and its done.make sure you solder it and shrink wrap so the connection doesnt corrode.:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yeah its not that hard i was just wonderin

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
new clutch cable needed on b16a swap?

do we need a trans cable from a usa 90 integra or can we use existing cable from crx and just switch brackets with jdm integra?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: new clutch cable needed on b16a swap?

teamhonda_69 said:
do we need a trans cable from a usa 90 integra or can we use existing cable from crx and just switch brackets with jdm integra?

get an integra throttle and clutch cable

·
Registered
150 Posts
i still have mycrx throttle cable and clutch cable. but had to modify if you cut about an inch out of the clutch cable sleeve it will work well.mine does! as for the throttle cable, my buddy (whos a stang whiz) came up with a crazy mix of shit to make my throttle cable work. if yur not good at fabricating just get a 90-93 teg one! good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
you can use one sensor adn just wire both wires from the ECU to the original O2 sensor. It will run like that and the ECu will not go crazy with the codes. I recommend just geting the 2 sensors, honda knows why they build it that way.

For the throttle cable you can just build a little bracklet out of Aluminum to fix the adjustment issue. As far as the cable clutch just use the original CRX clutch, I have been using that one for the last 3 years I have had my swap, no major issues there. But I am interested ion the integra bracket. What is it the Clutch arm on the tranny you guys talking about??

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Rican03 said:
you can use one sensor adn just wire both wires from the ECU to the original O2 sensor. It will run like that and the ECu will not go crazy with the codes. I recommend just geting the 2 sensors, honda knows why they build it that way.

For the throttle cable you can just build a little bracklet out of Aluminum to fix the adjustment issue. As far as the cable clutch just use the original CRX clutch, I have been using that one for the last 3 years I have had my swap, no major issues there. But I am interested ion the integra bracket. What is it the Clutch arm on the tranny you guys talking about??

the arm that the cable goes into

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
danegod said:
anyone know a good way to keep your o2 from kicking the check engine light?
yes.....make sure your O2 sensor is good

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
danegod said:
it is a good one. but when i out my new exhaust on wont it trip my engine light?
no, because the o2 sensor(s) are before the exhaust. might as well run open header. :tu:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
danegod said:
it is a good one. but when i out my new exhaust on wont it trip my engine light?
as long as the O2 sensor is still in place

·
Registered
121 Posts
hmmm, them maybe it isnt my o2 thats fucking up. cause its already going on, and thats just when i took out my cat. its wierd. it doesnt come on when i start the car, only when i am driving and level out on the throttle. but if i keep changing the rpm or just play with the gass, it wont come on, only when i cruz.

any ideas?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts