Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Oakland street races on friday night and raced a few gsr's and couple preludes and got em all. I then ended up racing a EVO and I got TOSSED lol and then I got to run a 93 5.slow stang and I got him by 1 1/2 cars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good job dude. I never went to the runs and my friends keep forgetting to tell me. I heard they start at like 1:30am now. So much for midnight yah? But hey, I'll be back there during the summer.

-X12

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Becareful out there. Some of those guys don't care about cars, they are just up to no good.

·
Registered
413 Posts
did you go to the place near the bart station in west oakland? I remember driving home from my girls place in alemeda and then I got onto 580(?) and was driving home like at 3 in the morning and i look down from the highway and I see a bigass fucken crowd and shit like a mothafucken concert and shit..I thought that I was seein things

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tran, you were seeing things. = ) I grew up in Oakland but moved to San Leandro 2 years ago. But I am currently in school down in San Diego. I have a few friends that goes to the runs that has pretty fast cars. However, I never been to one myself. One of my friends told me if you just stay there when the cops come, they just let you go.

-X12

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Is it even worth going? Is there anything in the 12s? Or sub 12s to interest my friends. I was out trolling with a pair of my friends this weekend and couldn't find anything interesting. Mid to low 12s for me(nothing more humiliating than getting spanked by a wagon), lows 11s high 10s for my buddy with a cobra(should be solid 10s after next weekend), and the other one with a nasty little blown SS that's good low 10s to high 9s. Or is this just a bunch of cars that make a whole lot of noise and go nowhere like we keep finding down here in san Jo?

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well ya there is a bucket wagon with a grand national motor in it running 12's propbaly and then my friends girls cobra in the 11's then supras rx-7's and evos. I would say it is worth going out there and I hear that in the middle of the week there are FAST cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts