Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I wanted to know what needs to be done to convert a b16a obd-0 to
Obd-1,so the ref will pass a 90crx.How much money will this take,and is it worth it.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ur going to need a OBD1 Dizzy, A 4 wire O2, Im not sure about injectors.

But the EASY way would be to buy a conversion harness. from boomslang.us

Ive never used them, Ive never had to. but ALOT of people use there stuff. and 104 shipped is cheep as fook if you ask me.

·
Registered
714 Posts
revin=smiles said:
Hi,I wanted to know what needs to be done to convert a b16a obd-0 to
Obd-1,so the ref will pass a 90crx.How much money will this take,and is it worth it.

thanks for the help.
If you have some soldering skills then you could offset some of the cost of the conversion harness with the ecu. Instead of buying a 200 buck p30 you could buy a 30 buck p06 and convert it to vtec and run any program you want, but you have to be good at soldering. Ive done many of them and currently run a chipped obd1 ecu in my rex its not hard just tedious.

As far as the conversion goes, the link njn63 posted is a good reference but dont let it confuse you. Oh and you can use the obd0 injector plugs, you just have to modify the obd1 injector plug housing so that it will plug in, you will see what i am talking about if you look at the obd1 injector next to an obd0 one.

The money will vary, depending on where you get your parts. but dont pay more than 130 bucks for a wiring conversion harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts