Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to place a 92-95 H22 in my 97 Accord. Where can I buy a harness to convert my OBD2 Accord harness to the OBD1 H22 ECU? How much?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I figured this would be a good place to ask what the exact difference between OBD1 and OBD2 is
Anyone know?

·
Registered
506 Posts
first, dominate9, check hasport(www.hasport.com) they have it, second, scottigee, OBD stands for on board diagnostic, and its incorporated into your ECU so when something is wrong w/ your car, the tech can hook up a scan tool and take lots of different readings from different sensors in the car and check codes to diagnose what is wrong w/ the car, the difference between the two is basically sophistication, OBD II has more sensors, and can give the tech a better idea whats goin on, but OBD I is more tuner friendly and thats why most guys get OBD I ecus, also because all the major ECU tuning companys make OBD I ECUs or will only tune OBD I ECUs, I hope this explains everything

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
absolutmugen said:
first, dominate9, check hasport(www.hasport.com) they have it, second, scottigee, OBD stands for on board diagnostic, and its incorporated into your ECU so when something is wrong w/ your car, the tech can hook up a scan tool and take lots of different readings from different sensors in the car and check codes to diagnose what is wrong w/ the car, the difference between the two is basically sophistication, OBD II has more sensors, and can give the tech a better idea whats goin on, but OBD I is more tuner friendly and thats why most guys get OBD I ecus, also because all the major ECU tuning companys make OBD I ECUs or will only tune OBD I ECUs, I hope this explains everything
unfortunately, there aren't any harnesses on www.hasport.com for Accords

·
Registered
519 Posts
I would say try ww.skunk2.com, they have them for the accord but I don't know the exact year you would need. If all else fails just call them, there really cool and if you leave a message for them to call you back they will. I'm using there harness in my teg and it worked awesom for me to run a 95ls ecu. I have had no problems and my car runs a lot smoother, it is definantly a conversion I recomend doing if you tired of all that LEV emissions and sensors bull****. Once you do find the correct harness it is all plug and play, nothing to cut or soder or any of that crap. Give them a call, if they don't have it maybe they can point you in the right direction...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.