Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
flyracerx said:
every 2 years.. now shut up before you give them ideas. they're watching us.. :ninja
LOL I love the :ninja

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
this is impossible....

think bout it, thats entirely too much work and not enough pple or facilities, u know whose money they gone be usin to pay those pple and build those facilities and work those "regulators"? shiiiit, now they might have some shit were cops can somewhat impair your car etc etc...but nothin to the extent of things they talkin bout in that article that insane and stoopid to even concoct such a ridiculous and ludicrous idea...who ever thought of that shit must drive a navi or some exotic imported esjoovee....proof, stoopid pple rule this world.

·
Registered
593 Posts
holy bejesus yall, it was a concept.

The next emissions systems is going to fix all the leaks and loop-holes currently found in the OBDII system I hope.

I'm not for the big brother thing, but I do hope they can make something that will make/help diesels and domestics (lol) run cleaner :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds like we are all just going to move to states with no emissions so we can run straight pipes and some rich ass AFRs just to make up for all the smog that the rest of the country is missing out on. i.e. Oklahoma; Flordia; etc.

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
JonnyGoBOOM said:
Sounds like we are all just going to move to states with no emissions so we can run straight pipes and some rich ass AFRs just to make up for all the smog that the rest of the country is missing out on. i.e. Oklahoma; Flordia; etc.
Ohio :D :clap

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
This is why people should own three cars. A daily driver, a towing vehicle and a trailered race car :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
05 tC said:
http://asashop.org/autoinc/may/obd_iii_new.cfm

A roadside pullover might work this way: the monitoring technology detects a fault, a law enforcement officer stops the vehicle with the fault code, and a technician working with the officer at the scene verifies that a code is set. A citation is then issued requiring testing at a test center, with a time limit for the vehicle owner to do this before a penalty is incurred.
Over my dead fucking body...BOO OBDIII..HUMUNGOUS invasion of privacy

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
new cars are fugly and hard to mod anyway. you have to reflash everything, or complete upgrade everythign just to make more power. 350z for example. (junk)

pretty much... federal regulations such as these are going to kill the motorsports market in the near future. I mean, flat out kill it. What happens when all the old, classic stuff wears out? or gets wrecked? It's not like there's a huge plethora of 40 year old parts lyin around, you know? I mean, in thirty years, you're not really gonna be able to easily fix your 1992 civic or whatever the fuck. There just won't be parts around, and those that are will be expensive.

They've already got CAN-equipped vehicles (controlled area network) starting in 2003... why can't they just leave it at that? OBDII is pretty damn good at what it does now... I dont see the need for a next generation.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Clone said:
pretty much... federal regulations such as these are going to kill the motorsports market in the near future. I mean, flat out kill it. What happens when all the old, classic stuff wears out? or gets wrecked? It's not like there's a huge plethora of 40 year old parts lyin around, you know? I mean, in thirty years, you're not really gonna be able to easily fix your 1992 civic or whatever the fuck. There just won't be parts around, and those that are will be expensive.

They've already got CAN-equipped vehicles (controlled area network) starting in 2003... why can't they just leave it at that? OBDII is pretty damn good at what it does now... I dont see the need for a next generation.
company's an polittions, governtment and big buisness are in bed with eachother to get more money out of us with bullshit like this.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.