Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 91 Honda CRX HR just a few days ago. I had been having a few minor issues with my motor so I wanted to have a friend who is a diesel mechanic hook his diagnostics computer to my car and see what codes it's throwing. Well neither one of us know anything about Honda and we couldn't find the plugin for the OBD connector? Where is it suppose to be located on this car? I had a few people from local shops tell me near the glove box and there is nothing there? Is it possible it has been removed? I was told this car was raced before a friend of mine bought it and then later sold it to me. The radio, fan control switch panel and all that has been taken out so there are wires and plugins hanging every wheres. I don't even know where to start.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
I actaully dont know. If you want to pull codes you just read the ECU light. But remember this car is OBD0. So you cant view PIDs like you might be used to viewing on OBD2 cars.

· Registered
417 Posts
first off, find out which ECU is in the car - the ECU is located in the passenger footwell - there should be a sticker on the side of the ECU with the number on it - should say 37820-PM6-A01 or something similar - whether the ECU is OBD0 or OBD1 or OBD2 will determine how you read the codes on it - unless it is OBD2, you can't use a scanner - OBD0, you just look at the ECU and count the number of times that the red LED flashes - OBD1, you need to jumper the ignition timing service connector and count the number of times that the Check Engine Light on the dash flashes - there are 2 different ways to count the flashes on the OBD0 ECUs - if the ECU was originally for a D-series engine, you count them one way and if it was for a B-series engine, you count them a different way - what engine is in the car?

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
first off, find out which ECU is in the car - the ECU is located in the passenger footwell - there should be a sticker on the side of the ECU with the number on it - should say 37820-PM6-A01 or something similar - whether the ECU is OBD0 or OBD1 or OBD2 will determine how you read the codes on it - unless it is OBD2, you can't use a scanner - OBD0, you just look at the ECU and count the number of times that the red LED flashes - OBD1, you need to jumper the ignition timing service connector and count the number of times that the Check Engine Light on the dash flashes - there are 2 different ways to count the flashes on the OBD0 ECUs - if the ECU was originally for a D-series engine, you count them one way and if it was for a B-series engine, you count them a different way - what engine is in the car?
D15B0 is the engine in this car with programmed fuel injection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.