Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone doing obd conversions, they say older responds better to mods ! how ?? big gains ? is it worth me converting my car from obd1 to obd0 ? hahahah ? i dont have emmisions test

·
Registered
118 Posts
You don't convert from OBD1 to non-OBD, it's from obd2 to obd1. you would have to change a lot more than the wiring harness to the ECU if youu wanted to go to non-obd.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so would i get gains if i go non obd ? cause i saw obd conversions kits online and there was one that said obd1-obd0 conversion kit like $200

·
Registered
485 Posts
gains, no... its not like youll see a hp increase or anything... odb1 jus responds to modifications better... for example with odb2 you might throw more codes after modding than you would with odbI. that's pretty much the reason for the swap. with odb1 you wont have to reset your ecu as much for your mods to be "accepted" by the car. the ecus are swapable, its jus a matter of taking one out and putting one in...but youll have to change your wiring harness. i think skunk2 makes em, not sure on that tho.... one issue: ive heard that the older ecus(odb1) are quite larger than the new ones, so before pulling everything out youll want to make sure the new one will even fit by asking someone whos also done the swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts