Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which ecu would be better performance wise? The OBD1 PR3 was used in the JDM 92 Integra XSi with a B16a, and the OBD1 P61 was used in the USDM 92-93 Integra GSR. I'm going to be using one of these with my B18c5 block/ B18c1 head combination. In the future I plan on using Hondata, but not for a little while. I know that the new hondata systems aren't compatible with the OBD1 PR3, which makes me lean towards the P61. Any suggestions or information?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The P61 is probably closer in terms of fuel and ignition maps. Neither one has the secondary butterfly activation that is on the B18C1 intake manifold unless you are using an aftermarket manifold. The P72 would be the best ECU for that combination or get a B16 head for the ECU that you have.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have an Edelbrock intake manifold. I e-mailed hondata, and this is what they told me, "As long as it is in fact OBD1 inside the ecu, then it is the same as the P61." So, hondata is now saying that an OBD1 PR3 can be run, and that the OBD1 PR3 and the OBD1 P61 are pretty much identical.

·
Registered
61 Posts
OldGuy said:
I'm not an expert but I thought that the Hondata web site shows a PR3 ECU as a VTEC ECU but is OBD0. The PR4 ECU is OBD1 but is non VTEC. I would go with P61.
yes the pr3 is obd0...unless they made a obd1 version but that would be the pr4 eh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.