Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK does anyone know if changing ecu's (from obd2 to obd1) will change your redline/rev limiter??? And how can I extend my revlimiter if I use my VAFC and have a obd1 computer??? This is where I am stuck. I have my skunk2 stuff coming in this week and I need to figure this things out. I have been told to sell the VAFC and go with HONDATA, but I think the VAFC will do me fine if only I can figure out a way to extend my rev limiter to around 8,400rpm. Please let me in on any info you have.
Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Buy a mugen or skunk2 reprogram with a p72 or p28(i think is the code for obd1 prelude 4gen) and you can raise your rev limter.But are you planning to built your head? Becuz you can move up as high as you want but i dont think your head would be able to handle it. Dont quote me on this....:confused:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I am getting cams, cam gears, retainers, valve springs, and valves. I am also going with the stock h22 JDM pistons. I think they are 10.6-1. I saw that you have a 100 shot. Do you think that I could run a 25 shot?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone seen the "spoon chips" for sale on ebay. I doubt they are spoon, but they say they increase your redline to 8,500 rpm and give you a lower vtec engagment. They also adjust your fuel and timing. Has anyone used one of these chips. Thet are selling for like $20. I was thinking that I could use one of these to raise my redline and then use the VAFC to tune the air/fuel and put the VTEC engagemant right where I want it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts