Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have these ? are they good or crap compared to dc ? some kid said there good , i only care about performance and what does ceramic headers do ?

·
Banned
638 Posts
mclean987 said:
anyone have these ? are they good or crap compared to dc ? some kid said there good , i only care about performance and what does ceramic headers do ?
How many products does OBX make? A million! they don't specialize in anything, except mass producing products. Get a Greddy, Apex'i, or Comptech you'll be happy.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
ceramic headers are the same thing as stainless steel headers performance wise, but ceramic headers will always look better and it won't turn into different colors like the stainless steel. don't expect a huge hp increase from it

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Eh you really get minimal gains from headers, how much are the OBX headers?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
i have no idea how much obx headers are, i was talking about headers in general, if you want the best performance headers i would suggest dc, 4-2-1 for low to mid end power or 4-1 for high end. as far as hp, anywhere from 6-12 depending on the brand name.

·
Banned
638 Posts
cmills83 said:
Eh you really get minimal gains from headers, how much are the OBX headers?
true in stock form but if you ever do any head work down the road....

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: Re: obx headers ??

RageAgainstNate said:
How many products does OBX make? A million! they don't specialize in anything, except mass producing products. Get a Greddy, Apex'i, or Comptech you'll be happy.
agreed with rage...
OBX makes quality parts... where they won't break, but they haven't put enough R&D into them to actually make good power.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a jdm sohc vtec

i have the stock jdm headers now but i know they much better than the stock usdm headers so if i was to like get a greddy or comptech headers what kinda gain u think i would have, im gonna do some headwork in a few months aswell

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Re: i have a jdm sohc vtec

mclean987 said:
i have the stock jdm headers now but i know they much better than the stock usdm headers so if i was to like get a greddy or comptech headers what kinda gain u think i would have, im gonna do some headwork in a few months aswell
By headwork what do you mean? Just a camshaft or vlave springs, etc...?

·
Registered
355 Posts
mclean987 said:

don't waste your $$. Best header for the $ would be DC Sports

Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have some DC sports headers for a '92-'95 civic would those also fit newer d series models?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeh the dc sports will fit any d series

u selling it ? by headwork i mean port and polish and shave head !

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Yeah I am selling it, around 5k miles on it, still in great shape. If you're p&p the head, get a aftermarket cam, upgrade your fuel and ignition system and you'd get some noticealbe power, it's hard to say how much because there are a lot of factors...how good of a p&p job you get, what type of cam/fuel system, etc...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
headers

how much u selling it for ? u have a pic ? what kinda car was it on ? hey klunmonger where u at ? do they have different headers for vtec ?

·
Registered
478 Posts
cmills83 said:
I have some DC sports headers for a '92-'95 civic would those also fit newer d series models?
i know it will bolt up but i am not sure about the mounts to hold it up working.. i have a newer ex motor in my dx so i have to get a header for my 92-95...

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Make me an offer I can't refuse...pm me. I am not taking them off for about a month, I still have work to do on my turbo. It was on a 1993 Civic DX 1.5 L, and then I swapped in a '93 si motor so it's been on that. They are the ceramic DC headers...I gota pic of the top half of them (looking down into the engine) pm me if you want it.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dotn understand what u saying ? explain

it was on your dx ? it cant fit on a ex ? what mounts ? is it a 2 peice or 1 ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts