Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheap, but installation requires a press, since the power steering pullies are pressed on. Pullies can be found for around $100 or possibly cheaper. Installation may cost $50 or so. The gains are very noticable, especially for the price. Worth getting? Depends on if you really wanna buy a bunch of these little parts that only add a few horsepower to gain like 15 hp in the end... but if you're looking for little bolt ons, this will do the trick. I haven't had any power problems with the alternator pulley, and I even have a Kicker KX800.2 amp to drive my sub and a Kicker KX350.4 amp to drive my components...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thats cool that you haven't had any problems with the alternator. The local speed shop around here said that i would have problems with the alternator if i did get the pullies. Well, I"m going to get them soon.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
good call bringing this up but the voltage reg will compensate to a certin extent unless you have maybe a pair of mtx jackhammers in the trunk getting suppyed with 12000 watts :number1

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
OBX are good and they'll get the job done, but when getting a part/parts like that i would defenatly go with a trust name brand like skunk2 or orthdox. which might run you a little more money but the end result will be worth it :rolleyes

·
Registered
343 Posts
kiwilowlux said:
good call bringing this up but the voltage reg will compensate to a certin extent unless you have maybe a pair of mtx jackhammers in the trunk getting suppyed with 12000 watts :number1
Thats when you need a high amp alternator n a deep cycle battery.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was only kidding about the jackhammers. Voltage regs only put a clamp on the voltage comming out of the alternator so as the rpm rises the voltage doesn't kepp rising..
The only possability with underdrive pulley kits is that voltage will dropoff at idle ( I now have both the smaller crank and the larger p/s and alternator pulleys) from obx and even at idle my charge voltage is maintained at a steady 14.2 volts, and for interests sake i droped my idle as far as it could go (almost stalled twice) only then it droped to 13.8 volts, therefore, no worries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts