Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came into a high flow intake manifold for my D series for cheap. Is it worth it or am I just going to give myself a headache? What type of gain would I see? Is OBX R a good brand for intake manifolds? Just thought I would ask before I take anything apart.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
If its dirt cheap then maybe buy it. Unless you have a lot done to your engine it won't really help you out much. If you had /or have a bigger TB, bigger cam, maybe some head work, and a good header and exhaust then it would help you out considerably.

·
Registered
435 Posts
no no no i hope i got to u in time. last weekend i was trying to install one.

they are real cheaply made
the bolts wont line up unless u dremel
the injectors dont sit in but a bit and leAQUE like crazy
it doesnt cover up the big vacume square in your head. 4 get what its called
u cant use you Irg valve. think what its called.lol

jus trust me there a piece of shit. im going througn paypal prosicutions cause they wont even email me. there shit. dnt make the mistake i did please

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
jdmsource said:
its your car.. spoil it.. is it a y7 or y8?
he has a 93 lx (by his name) he would have a d15 something i think b7

i would never install something like a aftermarket intake manifold on my car for any reason unless i built it. all the ones i have seen either have been cheaply made or have bad fitment. plus they don't help if you don't have ALOT of mods to make it worth it. remember these things won't make your car suck in more air, they make it easier for it to suck what it does. also IMO a IM should only be upgraded if the car is a fully built n/a car or turbo

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked it up for free. A friend of mine was putting it in his 91 hb but it hit his master cylinder so he gave it to me for a an extra d15b manifold I had.
MODS I CURRENTLY HAVE ARE.
93 CIVIC LX
D15B7 BLOCK
PNP D16Y7 HEAD
EX JDM LSD TRANS
F1 STAGE 1 FLYWHEEL AND CLUTCH
PNP D15B INTAKE MANIFOLD
DATUM 1 FUEL RAIL AND NOS FUEL REGULATOR
FULL OBXR ALUMIUM PULLEYS
OBXR THROTTLE SPACER AND GSR THROTTLE BODY
FULL HOLLEY CATBACK EXHAUST/AIRMASS HEADERS
MUGEN LIP KIT 16" MOTEGI MR12
GSR SWAY BARS/ TOKICO STRUTS AND AEROSPEED COILOVERS
INGALLS CAMBER KIT/ FULL STRUT BARS/ SKUNK SHORT SHIFTER

With this set up I am producing some sever low end torque and I heard that high flow intake manifolds take away low end torque and give high end. Is that true? I just want to be sure if it's worth it considering I just finished swaping the trans and head. I just want to be sure it's worth it and not be dissapointed. IT'S REALLY SHINY AND PURTY :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your input guys. I decided to install it. I put it up to another head I have and the only problem it shows is the housing for the injectors is too long and hits the head. It just needs to be shaved down. It is also extremly light I guess obx really does put attention to detail. I will let you guys no how it goes.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
93FFciviclx said:
Thanks for your input guys. I decided to install it. I put it up to another head I have and the only problem it shows is the housing for the injectors is too long and hits the head. It just needs to be shaved down. It is also extremly light I guess obx really does put attention to detail.
Attention to detail? How do you figure that when the injector housing hits the head? If its light its because they made it out of some flimsy material. Its your car. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
93FFciviclx said:
Thanks for your input guys. I decided to install it. I put it up to another head I have and the only problem it shows is the housing for the injectors is too long and hits the head. It just needs to be shaved down. It is also extremly light I guess obx really does put attention to detail. I will let you guys no how it goes.

YOUR DUMB :bash

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't appreciate the last comment but I installed the manifold with a little modification and it works awesome sounds great and gave way more power from low to high acceleration. So to those who supported me :btu and to those who didn't :fu

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
93FFciviclx said:
I don't appreciate the last comment but I installed the manifold with a little modification and it works awesome sounds great and gave way more power from low to high acceleration. So to those who supported me :btu and to those who didn't :fu
i think the main thing that is an issue is an IM should not have to be modified to work properly on the car its made for. no matter what.

·
Registered
24 Posts
glad it turned out ok....i had to to little modification w/ mine as well....the rail for the fuel injectors had to be bent just a tad downwards, and figuring out all the extra vaccum outlets was a little confusing...other than that im happy w. the outcome of mine...good job

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.