Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine put an OBX throttle body spacer in his civic and said it did him alot of good on his throttle responce. I was thinking about getting one for my 92 lude si since it's a cheap upgrade. But first wanted to see if anyone has done this upgrade before, or heard if it's worth doing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,335 Posts
PHAT1101 said:
A friend of mine put an OBX throttle body spacer in his civic and said it did him alot of good on his throttle responce. I was thinking about getting one for my 92 lude si since it's a cheap upgrade. But first wanted to see if anyone has done this upgrade before, or heard if it's worth doing?
Well I suggest you get a Helix Spacer, better engineer design and it is true that it has a lot of improvement on the Throttle Response. :number1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
It really a waste of money. I used to have one, now it's a paperweight. All it does is make this annoying whistling sound at low rpms. It might help with muscle cars, but only carbureted(sp?) ones since it will help atomize the fuel and make it more evenly distributed in the air. But we have fuel injection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,335 Posts
unaTEINable said:
It really a waste of money. I used to have one, now it's a paperweight. All it does is make this annoying whistling sound at low rpms. It might help with muscle cars, but only carbureted(sp?) ones since it will help atomize the fuel and make it more evenly distributed in the air. But we have fuel injection.
Well, if it helps with atomization don't you think is a good thing? What spacer you got... OBX? They're replicas my friend.

Helix is known for aircraft CFD design involvment. It is made using presicion tools and CFD which is (Computer Fluid Dynamics) for simulating how will the flow of gas, in our case Oxigen and Nitrogen, behaves. Giving experimental values to come up with the design I bought. I do tell you that the other day we tried it on my friends car for millage improvement while mine is still under construction. He didn't care about the millage, all he wants is to buy one since it made a big difference in response.

Response is very different than horsepower, for instance... grounding systems leads to better flow of electrons to its returning power source leading to a better flow of electricity ... hence giving better response to our selenoids and sensors for more accuracy capability. Quaife LSD or JDM LSD doesn't increase horsepower but in is a break in transmission response making our car act faster. With this said, this is something I have studied in full... and I have a Quaife differential, Inazuma Voltage Stabilizer with Inazuma grounding system and Helix Throttle Spacer... having better gear response with excellent sensor & selenoid optimal operation and a faster response when accelerating.

Horsepower isn't enough, response helps horsepower. :number1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Freakin'H22A said:
Well, if it helps with atomization don't you think is a good thing? What spacer you got... OBX? They're replicas my friend.
Actually I got the Helix spacer, just like you. And don't misunderstand, it helps with atomization in carbureted engines, not PGFI engines. I stick to my previous statement, waste of money.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top