Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car usually runs normal at normal temperature but for the past few months occasionally the temperature rises pretty quickly but not up to the redline though especially when idle at slopes, knw what i mean ? I mean mostly when i am idle at a slope going up... I recently flushed and changed the coolant too ..

· Registered
88 Posts
Whatup BRO ?

I've gone through this before myself. By the way.. How is your Civic doing these days?
You don't have enough coolant in your system. When your coolant level is low your car will overheat more on uphill slopes because most of the coolant stays in your engine. When your coolant level is topped off you will have an even heat exchange. Other problems may stem from a stopped thermostat. But chech your coolant level. I bet you need some aqua.

· Registered
610 Posts
It may be a blown head gasket. This will cause your car to overheat occasionally and your coolant to become gray and muddy. If you car is 6+ years old, it is possible. A temporary fix is to bleed extra air from your coolant system (via bleeder vavle) and then add water or coolant. While not of MAJOR importance, you should fix it as soon as possible.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well .. i checked my coolant level many times... btw when is the proper time to check it? hot cold? well last week when i changed the coolant , all of it, there are no signs of dirt etc... think it should be ok right? It is not causeing any problem, just a little concerned...

uncald : well my civic is still the same, nothing to do with it yet,cause looking into a swap infuture guess mind as well leave it alone for the moment... tq anyway! Where's your dyno sheet? These ppl are looking forward to it! : )

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm... sorry... i really dont knw where to go about hte thermostate... where?how?how DIY? thanks again ....

· Registered
9 Posts
My first sohc had the same problem. I replaced the thremostat and checked coolant level many times, but the problem persisted, it ended up being my radiator was blocked and had to be replaced. After that it ran like a champ. Gotta love the D16!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.