Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am having some problems with I believe my brakes. There is a metalic screaching/scaping noise sometimes when the wheels are roating but the brakes are not pressed. When I do push in the brakes the noise goes away. The pads on there now are only like 1000 (if that) miles old. So I dont think its the indicator. Also it doesnt happen all the time, so I'm not sure. Anyone have any suggestions?:(

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Hmm...my friends were actually just doing that, but he needed new pads. They would make a scraping noise even when he wasnt using the brakes. Are all four of your pads new? I would say take it in and see. A lot of places will check it for free.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea they are all new, I took it back to the dealership that I got them done at and they said they were fine. But I am not very convinced.

·
Registered
458 Posts
you might have some problems with caliper.. that's exactly how my front driver side caliper was like about 2yrs ago...
the dealer found out that the caliper piston got stuck and wouldn't let the pad go away from the rotor completely.

ever since the dealer put the new rotor in it, it has been just fine!

just my $.02

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok another thing that may help you guys out, when i'm stopping every once and awhile it seems to be sort of grinding (its very hard to explain) but it happens every so often and seems to be no real pattern to when it occurs. Sometimes I may be going fast and stopping hard and sometimes only be going 30. Does this help at all? I had the pads installed at a Chevy dealer and they are the onces who checked it and said it was ok. Do you think I should take it to a Honda dealer or it shouldn't matter? Thanks again like always

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Try les schwab, they will check for free. See what they say. I wouldnt want my brakes making sounds right after I just replaced them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea me either, I took it back and I think all the did was look at it and say oh they r ok. I know they didnt take the wheel off or even drive it around besides from the front to the door (i reset the milage and checked if there was fingerprints in the brake dust I purposefully left on there )

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
its not warpped..warpped would be pulsating. and maybe its ur rears??? i have a problem with my rears grinding like hell...i got drums u know. look on the rotor to see any uneven marks or grooves caused by the breaks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts