Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may possibly be for electronics forum but I don't know if this is only specific to the prelude. It's been bothering me for a very long time now, ever since i got the car. Mine is the 1995 Special Edition with the Radio/Tape Deck and CD deck. It will read the CD but there will be a random pause before playing or changing tracks. Someimes 30 seconds sometimes 10 minutes. When a track plays it plays perfectly fine, and once it plays if you let it ride through all the tracks there will be no problem. The problem is the initial start (sometimes it will just reject the CD) and skipping through a burned CD. Commercial CD's work Perfect! The burn on a recorded CD must not be deep enough or something.

Basically, I'm wondering if anybody has some tips and tricks for burning a recorded cd for play in stock prelude stero. I know this must be an issue with this ancient CD player. I've tried burning at 1x nothing. I thought it was my 52x CDRW so i used a HP 4x CDRW drive. nothing. I am using 48x cds, i hope that's not an issue...i have tried multiple brands. I am too lazy to change the stero and if i could find a way to fix this stupid problem i would be straight. any ideas? tried multiple cdrw programs

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
i'd seriously doubt that it'd have anything to do with the cd player or the cd recording program. like you said, the cd player plays regular commercial cd's just fine. and in 1995, a CD-R was nowhere near standard equipment to the regular joe. so my guess is that your cd player just isn't capable of reading the data image on a home-burned cd.

remember how in like, 2000, car stereo companies made a big deal of putting advertisments like "capable of CD-R and CD-RW playback" and shit like that on their recievers?? now in 2002/2003, the big thing is MP3 playback.

my guess would just be that your player isn't capable of it. so the only real solution would be to replace it with an aftermarket one, capable of reading those discs.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I got the solution, buy my Kenwood KDC-222 cd player, plays burnt cds with the best of em gimme a reasonable offer its yours.

·
Registered
129 Posts
what is the speed u are burning. should always brun a at low speed. if this is not the case then u screwed

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
thats how my cd changer was when i got my car, if its that old, chances are its not capable of reading anything burnt, i finally got pissed off and bought an alipine headunit and trashed the stock stereo, ur best bet would be to buy an aftermarket cd player

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you test the songs on your computer before you burned them?
Did you try and use that cd in another cd player?
Sometimes I don't test the songs I burn and I don't find out they are jacked up until I play them in my car.
Try copying a purchased cd and play that. See if it works. Or buy a cd cleaner. My Xbox acts up like that sometimes. It will play one game but I have to clean it to play the others at times. I know we aren't talking about game consoles but it is the same concept. A slighty dirty lens can read some cds and some it can't. It's weird. And if your talking oem I am sure it has picked up some dirt over the years.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Your probably didnt finalize the cd It may be finalized for the computer after it was downloaded but you probably didnt finalize it for the car cd player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts