Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought OEM Exedy Clutch Kit for abt $90 shipped from Ebay (seller: aimcoclutch)

less than a year / abt 1Ok miles of normal driving use on SOHC EG Civic

it was not a good choice , we ask around (car shops) abt it, they got the same problem ( rattling noise)

found out was the clutch disk's springs and spindle are loosing out ( makes rattling noise) and they will pop out soon , which is not good

the release bearing is Nachi = Made in japan, while the clutch disk= is Not ( most possibly remanufactured?)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Exedy or Daikin (call it what ever you like) has a section in there webpage about imitations.

Click Here to download the .pdf file to find out ur self or Click Here to go directly to the original page.
btw: i have the exedy organic OEM replacement on my 4th gen vtec lude and is great.

**edit** you should always make some research before you buy anything from anywhere than the original distributors, i always do.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Exedy makes the oem/factory clutch in most hondas/acuras/nissans/etc. They are excellent clutches. Sounds like you bought some random garbage. Unfortunately this is a chance you take with buying random parts on ebay. You can easily find the exedy oem replacement clutch for around $100 from reputable companies such as www.clutchcityonline.com .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts