Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they go for about $250-300 for a set of OEM foglights. are they worth the price or should i look into getting some piaas? i love the look that they have in the bumper. are they a good preformance foglight or are piaas better with output too?

·
Registered
739 Posts
The only thing good about the OEM fogs is that they come with the trim plate and the mounting brackets. If you noticed, there is NOTHING behind that plastic cover for the fog light provisions. You really need to fabricate some kind of mounting hardware so the lights won't vibrate (if you don't buy the OEM fogs). You can still purchase the trim plates and OEM fog light switch for the dash seperately. But the mounting brackets are only available with the fog light kit.:mad: I much prefer the superwhite light output from my PIAA 1900x lights (matches my superwhite bulbs in the headlights). Otherwise, the OEM fogs are a dull yellowish light.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fog lights in your sig look phat, did u switch bulbs? how much it cost to get the plastic piece painted? how much you pay for the lights and where did you ge tthem from.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
PIAA's are definitely top notch. :)

I had some 1700x's on my car before, which worked great. They got stolen, unfortunately, but I replaced them with these, the 998 projectors, a new model.

I highly recommend them. They match my Xtreme white lightbulbs (that go all around the car: license plate, clear corners, headlights), and they have a great design that lights up the road but doesn't get into the police's eyes :cool: since they've got a fine horizontal cutoff, like all well-made projectors.

·
Registered
115 Posts
u can change the bulbs in the oem fog lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts