Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for an LSD to fit into my Si tranny. I am looking at aftermarket as well as the OEM ITR LSD.

From what I am hearing the few aftermarket ones offered (Cusco, Kaaz, Quaiffe, ATS) are superior to the stock lsd for several reasons. But I am also finding out that they require lots of maintenance such as an overhaul every couple years.

Since I can get an OEM lsd for half the price of an aftermarket one, I am wondering if you guys need to maintain your stock LSD very often. I may just be content with the OEM.

· Registered
252 Posts
actually all lsd's have to be maintained properly...even the oem ones...this includes the overhauling...the main difference is that the aftermarket ones are more adaptable to modifications and would last much longer with higher hp and torque applications...in other words they got more bite...than the oem's...so if you plan on taking your car to the strip and have high hp and torque plans then you should pick up the aftermarket ones...but if you plan on a daily driver or a road racer where there are restrictions as to what power producing mods can be put in your car then you should get the oem ones...i for one am getting a spoon lsd for my rsx-s...my 2 cents...payce...

· Registered
252 Posts
mclean987 said:
wat is cheaper to put in my sohc vtec ? how long will oem last ?have around 160hp of mods, i dont need an aftermarket do i ?
wow you have 160 hp worth of mods on you sohc vtec? is that at the wheel or flywheel? either way thats tyt...good job...well either way the oem should be just fine...i dont think you'll really need an aftermarket lsd...my 2 cents...paycers...

· Registered
44 Posts
another lsd post from the same guy? ok, lemme make the decision for you... sounds like you want the most grip possible, with the least maintainence required? get a quaife. lifetime warranty, and works better than a stock lsd. you can run a itr lsd in a b16a (hydraulic type) but you will need the 1.8's final gear for it to work properly. great chance to get a ATS 4.929.... so, depending on what you want to do/have done with the motor (turbo, s/c, n/a) it might be cheaper to go with the more expensive quaife.

now who had a sohc? what post is he referring to?

· Registered
850 Posts
B18C5Rodney said:
another lsd post from the same guy? ok, lemme make the decision for you... sounds like you want the most grip possible, with the least maintainence required? get a quaife. lifetime warranty, and works better than a stock lsd. you can run a itr lsd in a b16a (hydraulic type) but you will need the 1.8's final gear for it to work properly. great chance to get a ATS 4.929.... so, depending on what you want to do/have done with the motor (turbo, s/c, n/a) it might be cheaper to go with the more expensive quaife.

now who had a sohc? what post is he referring to?
i have a fast sohc vtec was thinking about lsd ?
this post below was accidentally deleted "wat is cheaper to put in my sohc vtec ? how long will oem last ?have around 160hp of mods, i dont need an aftermarket do i ?"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.