Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my power locks have been on the fritz. sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. they are not aftermarket, and i did a search(i hate the search button btw) and i found NOTHING at all useful. as of now they havent been working for a few days straight which isnt normal. plz, any help at all.

·
Registered
141 Posts
could be a relay. are they remote entry? if so, does it matter if you use the remote entry compared to the door switch? might be a weak battery in your remote entry.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have factory keyless.. it doesnt matter if i use the battery or the actual switch on the door though. im actually havent used my keyless in forever because it broke off my keychain so i pretty much use my auto locks for letting passengers in without having to reach over.

·
Registered
141 Posts
a relay or a loose wire. do both door switches act up at the same time. what car and what year car.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have a power lock control that mounts in the drivers door off my 97 ex if you need it. first check the fuse under the hood, it should be a 20 amp fuse that also goes to the sunroof. the control unit is a blue box that mounts between the door panel and the plastic sheet in the door.

James

·
Registered
226 Posts
if the fuse is good. which it probably is, since you didn't metion that your sunroof isn't working, you should then check for ground while locking and unlocking on the small gauge negative trigger wires going into the control unit.

they should be
green/yellow - driver's door unlock
green/orange - unlock
green/white - lock

make sure you have power at the module, i don't know the color, but it'll be a heavy gauge wire. you may want to download a service manual for that wire color. repair that wire if you aren't getting power to the door lock control unit.

then find your door lock actuator wires. they will be heavy gauge wires, also.

white/red for lock motor
blue/red to yellow/red for unlock motor

make sure they aren't hooked to the door lock control unit first, then connect one to power and the other to ground. they should move. reverse them and they should move in the opposite direction.

if the actuators work and you have a negative pulse going into the module when the switch or keyless are activated and you have power and ground at the module then that's the problem.

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.