Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The OEM Tires still sucks... not a lot of grip on those things... those tires squeaks if you let the clutch out quickly at rpm as low as 2500rpm on launch. Not very impressive. My friend think I am just showing off or something... they don't believe me when I said the RSX got bad tires on them. Thinking of getting some cheap performance tires for the summer... thinking about Dunlop Sport 8000... relatively cheap with relatively good grip.

However, I found snow traction is acceptable if you take it cautiously like you're suppose to. I say people are expecting too much if they think that they can stop on a dime in the snow with any stock tires.

· Registered
25 Posts
Are those Kumho tires more of an all around better tire then the stock tires? I am looking for some nice performance tires since I live in California and the weather is pretty nice most of the time.

· Registered
25 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the info.
What size are people upgrading too? I assume they are going from the stock 205/55/16 to something like 225/45 or 225/50. I don't remember which one is closest to the stock circumferance or know the formula to compare.

I plan on lowering the car a little in the future, but not much.

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9000RPM said:
I suggest you Kumho ECSTA Supra 712. They are decent performer with lower end pricing.
I might go with Dunlop Sport 8000... about $50 Canadian more than the Kumho. That was the top tire in Dunlop's line-up before the 9000 came along. My friend's ITR use them and said they are decent for the price. He said that the 9000's only significant advantage over the 9000 is wet traction.

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
elric said:
Cool. Thanks for the info.
What size are people upgrading too? I assume they are going from the stock 205/55/16 to something like 225/45 or 225/50. I don't remember which one is closest to the stock circumferance or know the formula to compare.

I plan on lowering the car a little in the future, but not much.
If I am buying new rims... I am going to get 215/45R17, just like the JDM Integra Type R

· Registered
25 Posts
Nice.. any thoughts on what rims you would get? I was thinking about getting new rims at the same time, but I think our stock rims look decent and they are fairly light for a stock rim.

· Registered
238 Posts
They get much much worse as the miles add up.

· Registered
324 Posts
What rating are the RSX-S tires? Mine (Av6) are V rated and I believe the TL-S/CL-S uses V-rated tires as well. When comparing tires, you must consider what the rating of your tires are. I have a freind that works at a tire store part time and he told me that V rated tires are pretty good all season tires cuz they can handle up to 200km/hr relatively well.. compared to summer tires which start at about 220km?

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the problem with our tires isn't really the speed rating... it is the even of grip at virtually on speeds in any road conditions... It is not good in the wet, in snow, ice, or in the dry. Let's just say the tires are not confidence inspiring when driving fast.

· Registered
324 Posts
Ha, what do you expect cloud7? The stock tires are good all-season tires, you cannot compare them to summer tires. The stock rims/tire package should be used during winter and you should get a new set of rims/tires for summer use.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
Tofu_V6o4 said:
Ha, what do you expect cloud7? The stock tires are good all-season tires, you cannot compare them to summer tires. The stock rims/tire package should be used during winter and you should get a new set of rims/tires for summer use.
its summer year round here in CA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.