Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skyline r32 gtr

Does anyone know what modifications must be made for an imported nissan skyline to be street legal in the states. I just purchased a 1991 r32 gtr, and REALLLLLLLY don't want to have to let motorex do $2000 worth of work for 16k+.

I know this is superhonda, but there are some seriously knowledgable peepz in here.

Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know how much about skylines but maybe you could find someone knowledgeable in us emissions, impact safety and so on. I'm pretty sure that the vehicles for the Japanese market i.e. skylines, soarers etc don't have to comply with our stringent emission laws. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
From what I remember reading about Motorex doing their work, they had to pull of the inner door panel and instal crash beams in the doors to start... But that's all I remember from the article, sorry.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
You need to have the vehicle crash tested. so unless there is crash test data done in the U.S. on you model year, then your SOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.