Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i get a pirated copy of Office xp, and plus xp, for that matter without having to go on irc and trying to get it off of some ratio site?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Dizzon said:
you can choose not to register your product. like all microsoft stuff.
dont tell me you can choose not to register, first of all you need the office xp suite serial number, then you also will need the MS publisher (if you want publisher)serial

and thats only to get it installed

then once any of the programs are opened, they ask you to either register by phone or by internet...

you will choose internet and punch in the serial number... when it doesnt work (b/c its pirated and been registered 90 times) they will give you a phone number to call, you can call the number and talk to them and explain your situation and about half the time they will be nice and register it for you

if you DONT register it, you will have the annoying popup screen every time u open it, and it will only open 40 times (not too much)

trust me, i know, i maintain a 25 node office network for a living

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol there's lots of serial numbers out there. how do you think i got windows xp pro?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i agree with you .... BUT with OFFICE XP you have to verify your serial number with them in order for it to work .... and they only verify it once via internet, after that you need to call in and verify it... and they will only verify it once on the phone...

and you are only given the second verification in order to install on your laptop or if you replaced your motherboard or hardrive or O.S.

They will give you the verification if you get the right guy on the phone, but its scary b/c they log everything and can tell who has verified it where and when

ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS, trust me guys.... get a free version
openoffice is the SAME exact thing excepts its free and has MORE tools and options... and it saves into any format...

why even bother with MS?

edit: where do you think i got office xp pro?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
um, you don't have to call them for anything. It just automatically registers online. They sell Windows XP at my school for 8 bucks and office XP for 24 bucks... it automatically registers when I install the programs.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your school probably has a licencing agremment with microsoft.

i was just looking for an upgrade to my pirated office 2000 premium, but ill check out that free thing too. thanks for the help :D

·
Registered
686 Posts
krillz said:
dont tell me you can choose not to register, first of all you need the office xp suite serial number, then you also will need the MS publisher (if you want publisher)serial
sucks to be you cause thats not the way mine works. also why would i lie, if you want screen shots of me installing it then i'll gladly give it to you, just private message me. its like just cause yours doesnt work that way others has to be just like yours. :rolleyes:

krillz said:
trust me, i know, i maintain a 25 node office network for a living
whooptay fuckin do. :sleep: i'm a student and work at cheesecake factory and still dont have to register this product.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Even if krillz is wrong, you went a bit overboard saying all that junk Dizzon. You do have to register Windows XP and Office XP. But you don't have to verify it over the phone like krillz was saying.

·
Registered
87 Posts
krillz said:
i agree with you .... BUT with OFFICE XP you have to verify your serial number with them in order for it to work .... and they only verify it once via internet, after that you need to call in and verify it... and they will only verify it once on the phone...

right...

and your car runs 9's.

you go to help -> activate product. you enter the serial. you are done.
no email no internet, no phone call.

man, there is so much mis-information on this board.....

think before you post

I have both offixe XP, and windows XP pro on my machine-- btoh illegal...

they all stillw ork, and have been installed for about 100 days....

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
wow, im sorry i pissed you guys off so much, and no my car cant run nines...

i dont feel any cooler having shared my experience with you, i was just trying to help... i have gotten a bunch of copies of Office Xp and that was the case with all of them,

it would only let you register it ONCE, im not lying... why would i bother,

not tryin to be a dick or anything, i was just under the impression that all or most copies of XP would be the same,

http://computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/14519.html read this post, why would i make it up?

·
Registered
686 Posts
your link doesnt say anything about having to register your product. one thing it said is that you can turn of automatic updates. in your posts you were saying that i was wrong and sealing the deal cause you manage a network. good luck to you and your future pirated software.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
none of my software is pirated, but with changing OS and MB, or whatever, and then having to call in and get it reregistered i know

i have to do it a lot and they have specifically told me over the phone that you can only register twice, once for the users computer, and one on his/hers laptop to take work home
but they will make exceptions if you have done a major system change, which is a pain in the ass

1 - 16 of 16 Posts