Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Ahahaha! What was the poor bodyguard's name? "Helmut" was it? :confused I guess they couldn't have thought of a more sterotypical "Germanic tough guy" name LOL! :hehe

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Isn't it creepy how Johan can get into people's minds and make them do twisted things? :fear

It's still a litlle unbelieveable that he could get bounced from home-to-home so many times. Oh well... it's just a cartoon. ;)

The ending is gonna make you go... "THAT was his big plan!?!?!" :eek2

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
Isn't it creepy how Johan can get into people's minds and make them do twisted things? :fear

It's still a litlle unbelieveable that he could get bounced from home-to-home so many times. Oh well... it's just a cartoon. ;)

The ending is gonna make you go... "THAT was his big plan!?!?!" :eek2
right now Im mid story with the latin speaking guy

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
tha_con said:
That's a pretty interesting part of the anime, it get's better later on.
I never really bought into the "Roberto" character. But I guess they needed another all encompassing villian other then Johan.

I forget... was that really Roberto's wife? Was it ever explained? :confused :hehe

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
thanks for the recommendation. on ep 10 and really enjoying it. Its hard to find good anime.

Only other ones I really liked were Cowboy Beebop and Initial D....Lain was pretty cool but really, really weird.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
gurusan said:
thanks for the recommendation. on ep 10 and really enjoying it. Its hard to find good anime.

Only other ones I really liked were Cowboy Beebop and Initial D....Lain was pretty cool but really, really weird.
Glad you like it man! It's my personal fav (well one of them).

The author of the anime has another Manga out, well it's old, it's called 20th Century Bro's, supposed to be really good, I'll begin reading it soon!

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
This might only interest The_Con and I, but anyways... if you're in central Japan and want to take a college course...

'Yawara!' author to teach at Aichi univ.
The Yomiuri Shimbun

Popular manga artist Naoki Urasawa, who probably is best known for such works as "Yawara!" and "20th Century Boys," will teach at an art university starting in April.

Urasawa will instruct students of Nagoya Zokei University of Art & Design in Komaki, Aichi Prefecture, once a month as a guest professor, university officials said.

Urasawa will be invited to the school as a faculty member of a newly opened course on postmodern expression and manga art.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Wait wait, you mean "Graphic Novel" right? Hmm...I may consider an english purchase...I just finished converting the entire series for my PSP :) Gonna watch it while I'm riding / driving to PA this weekend.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts