Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for you to share your experiences with different products. Be it a good experience or bad, feel free to post a review! Put some effort into though, don't just type a few sentences! Include the price, and what you did/did not like about the product. Pictures are a plus too!!!

Here is an excellent example of a product review by none other than the man himself, mike_sho:

mike_sho said:

Deep Crystal System Car Wash
Price: $3.99 64oz
Available at: Most automotive stores

My Review: This stuff is very liquidy, so its quick and easy to pour. The smell is white tea ginger smell, its pretty good. Foam & Bubbles are ok. Cleaning power also get an ok. Wax protection seems to be ok. Leaves the car feeling clean.

From Meguiars: Our most popular formula in an economy size package, Deep Crystal Car Wash contains special ingredients that extend the life of the suds. Dirt and grime are quickly loosened and removed while wax protection is preserved.

Pros: Very cheap , Quick pour (might cause some spillage though) , Unique smell.

Cons: Could sud a little more and longer, surface seems almost bare (might be good when doing a paint cleaning or polish)
Please use this thread for reviews only! All other posts/comments will be deleted!

:D Thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Figured I would add my .02 here, and later as I use other stuff :)

Griot's Garage Speed Shine
Price: $4.99 8oz., $9.99 35oz., $29.99 1gal.
Available at: www.griotsgarage.com only

Review: If you've ever used quick detaling products (Meguiar's Quik Detailer, for one), you've been missing out. This stuff is just awesome. It appears to be a bit thicker formula than any Quick Detailing product on the shelf, almost as if there is a wax compound in it. It leaves a brilliant shine, like you would receive after an hour or so of waxing. I can do my entire car in 20 minutes and yield the same results as if I spent a few hours detailing it. If applying with an orbital buffer, you'll get even better results. Quick Detailing products, to me, just seem to be for basic "cleaning up," however this product cleans and shines. Gets an A in my book.

From Griot's: I use Speed Shine® more often than any other car care product we offer. It's a fast, safe way to keep your car clean and brilliant between washes. A quick mist followed by a light toweling removes dust and other foreign residue. Now you can forget about the puddle you just drove through, the dust cloud that landed on your paint, or the bird that picked your car out of 10 million others to relieve itself on. The best part is that it only takes five to ten minutes to detail your entire car. I also keep a towel with an 8 ounce bottle of Speed Shine® in my trunk to remove any bird droppings as quickly as possible, before it etches the paint. Special lubricants won't scratch your paint's surface. Perfect for all paints, clearcoats, wheels, chrome and exterior plastic trim. Extends time between washes!

Pros: Easy to apply. Nice, semi-sweet, professional smell. Cleans AND shines. Leaves silky smooth finish (if applied with buffer), and smooth finish when applied by hand, unlike other products.

Cons: Only available direct from Griot's, and a tad pricy. May be difficult to wipe off when towel gets dampened. Sprayer always drips when I shake it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mr. Clean Auto-Dry Car Wash Kit

Let me just say I was very skeptical before I tried this.

I was entirely wrong.

This thing is AMAZING!. It really does dry with no spots. The kit comes with the spray gun, soem soap and a filter. The spray gun has 2 switches, one for on/off and one for rinse/soap/auto-dry. You wet the car, spray soem soap on, runt he car with a sponge to loosen the dirt, the rinse it again and spray it with the auto-dry filtered water.

I tried this on my bike, too, and when it was done, the mirrors were the cleanest I had ever seen them, it was actually kind of distracting but in a good way.

Anyways, it was $20 for the kit, extra filters are ~$5 and are supposed to last 3-5 washes.

The only bad part is you still have to hit the cracks and crevices with a towel to get the pools of water out if you plan to wax. But 2 minutes absorbing water from the cracks beats the hell out of drying the whole car by hand.

Big, big thumbs up for this product!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Glazurit

The Glazurit line has a polishing compound that is incredibley effective in removing scratches. It comes in a tube and it is very abraisive so be careful when using it, but It removed all sorts of scratches in my Accord and this white Eclipse I just got. All of the scratches around the key whole, door handle, and even the scratches some animal left on my nice scratch free (now) hood. I would give this stuff an infinite on a scale of...why not make it interesting...1-i.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Klasse aio and sg review

Well, after going through many detailing products, I decided to try the Klasse combo. First, I examined my car for any oxidation and other stuff and it was in pretty good shape but I found some scratches that I think I made myself when I was probably drying the car long time ago using a stupid cotton towel. It was not a really deep scratch, just on the surface. I tried the meguiars scratch x or something and that product didn't do shit. So I left that scratch alone and moved on to Klasse aio. This stuff didn't make it shine that much but the car looked clean. I applied the sg on the car and this stuff is very waterlike. I applied it on the car very little on it felt like noting was going on a car but after i applied it on one section i can see it hazing immediately. I wiped it off immediately but it was hard to buff it out but got used to it. It left a very glossy shine almost like glass like slick finish. Now this stuff can be layered and I'm already on my second layer. This week I will be on my 3rd layer and after couple days I will be finishing it of with a s100 wax. I wanted to use meguiars nxt wax before the s100 but I heard the nxt wax had some cleaning agents in there so I dont think I will be doing that cuz i'm afraid it can strip off the klasse sg. The klasse sg really starts to show its product on the 2nd layer where the 1st layer you couldn't tell the difference. I have had compliments already how my car looks bling bling and asking me if its a new car. My car is almost 2 years old and had some bad oxidation on the hood before and got that of with a clay bar like 3 month ago. Anywayz, the klasse aio and sg is suppose to last 6 to 12 month of protection depending on weather conditions and it rained here 3 days straight and i can still see the shine and looks as if I just washed the car. Overall i give this product 9/10 because I have a silver car and I noticed it doesn't really make a big difference on a silver car but my main purpose of this product was for protection on the winter time.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Need to keep this thread alive people!!! I'll add 3 more reviews for you guys.

Meguiar's Detailer Brand Hyper-Wash

Price: $24.99 (1 gal.)

One of the first soaps that I have used that actually smelled like soap! No cherry, berry, larry, or odd fruit scent to it. I put a dime-quarter-sized amount in it (since it claims to dilute 400:1 [water:concentrate]), and well... it does dilute! I had instant suds as soon as the water hit the bucket! The amount of suds I got with a quarter sized amount of Hyper-Wash is about the same as a dollar-sized amount with other wash concentrates.

Easily lifted off dirt/grime/etc, provided a nice lubrication between the paint and wash-mitt. Didn't have to worry about it being too rough! Seemed to leave the wax alone too (no stripping action as you get with some washes). The suds lasted an average amount of time, about the same as other washes.

Was easy to hose off as well. Did not "stick" to the surface, making getting all of the soap off very easy. All in all, I am very impressed with this product. You can pick it up from Meguiars.com ONLY for $24.99 (1 gallon).

Meguiar's Detailer Brand Wheel Brightener

Price: $19.99 (1 gal.)

Once again, awesome stuff! I diluted a 2:1 (water:concentrate) solution in the bottle (to test its strength). Didn't want to go 1:1 on the first try, nor 4:1 and it be too weak. On the container, it states not to use it on polished aluminum or anodized wheels. Mine are polished, but I would rather test it on my car than a customer's car! I have always been afraid of using spray wheel cleaners on my wheels in the past, but not anymore!

My wheels get a lot of brake dust on the inside of the wheel, as well as a lot of dirt in all the small crevices, making it very difficult to get at it with soap and a wash-mitt. You only have to leave it on for 30-45 seconds tops, it works that quick! I didn't even scrub my wheels or touch them with a mitt. Just sprayed it on the wheels, waited, and hosed them off. Virtually ALL of the brake dust and dirt are now GONE! I was very impressed at how easy it was to use, and not harmful!

I have pics of the before/after (brake dust/wheel brightener). I'll post them up later. Once again, another great product from Meguiar's! You can get it from Meguiars.com for $19.99 (1 gallon).

Meguiar's Detailer Brand Last Touch Spray Detailer

Price: $19.99 (1 gal.)

If you've ever used the Meguiar's QuikWax (not Quik Detailer), you know how thick the spray is, but how effective it is. Last Touch Spray Detailer is the same! Easy on, easy off mist and wipe spray detailer.

It has a direct 1:1 dilution ratio (water:concentrate), so technically you can get 2 gallons of cleaner out of 1 gallon of concentrate. Any water spots that I had left on my paint from where it dried before pulling the car into the garage were taken out by the spray. All dust and leftover whatever was lifted off too.

I would definately recommend this over other Quick Detailer products out there. If you like buying it in bulk (use a lot), definately order some of this! Again, it can only be ordered from Meguiars.com for $19.99 (1 gallon). Well worth the money!

All of these products would exceed what you would expect from Meguiar's products.

·
Registered
39 Posts
okay keeping this one alive
meguair's deep crystal step 1
removed blue paint transfer from my red accord
amazing product .. nothing bad to say about it
Meguairs Natual Shine
keeps my car looking better than it did in the show room and its not greesy
looks natural and smells great
Meguairs Quik Interior Detailer
just tired it looks good with no gloss and it doen't make your glass messy
bad: limited UV protection
Meguairs M07 show car glaze
looks amazing on my car even though it is silver it really brings out the paints depth by feeding the paint with oils
Meguairs Gold Class wax
keeps my car looking good
Meguairs ScratchX
removes swirls and scratchs from my paint
i love the diminishing abrasive technology

ahh too tired but in short i love meguiars

·
Registered
62 Posts
Meguairs Ultimate Compound:

My mom has a red honda civic that had turned pink from sun exposer/not being taken care of the right was, she had decided to sell it and asked me to work on getting it back to looking awesome again if i could. i have always liked meguairs products and found that the ultimate compound would do the trick and sure enough took the paint right back to a mirror finish car looks amazing now. although i hate to put all this work into it just to see it drive away but i did get a new buffer out of it :) lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts