Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i swapped my b18b1 out because I hydro locked it dumb i know i didn't have a bypass valvue dumb dumb. anyway i swaped it out for a JDM b18b so the guy that swapped it changed my block out and switched the wires in the ECU so that the crank positioning sensor got a signal. That engine crapped out on me a few months ago and i have yet to save for another.

OK here's the question. Should I get another b18b or get a bigger block? can i trust that the guy that put it in knows what he is doing?

any advice please

I have found another b18b at JApan Star Motors.com and he wants US $950 for it, is this good?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
No! you can't trust the guy, unless you really know him.
If I were you I would save up for another engine...somewhere along the lines of a:
B18C...Sir-G 180hp
B18C1...Gs-R 170hp
B18c5...Type-R 195hp
B18c6...Type-R 200hp
B18c7...Type-R 200hp

some many engines, but just one car :D

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
he said knocking noises......so most likely a spun bearing.

edit: that's why you don't do over 75 on the freeway :rolleyes

·
Registered
578 Posts
what the fuck ,,, dont go over 75 on the freeway... you are kidding.
i cruise my honda at 100 to 120 all the time.. runs perfect..
and for the guy that wrote this post.. it is up to you ,, if you got the time and money.. save for somethin nice like a gsr or a typr r,, but that is alot of money

or just do what i did... B20b (jdm,) or the b20z usdm// it is a direct drop in and i got mine for 800 ,, and as far as trusting the guy who put it in ,, that is up to you ,, you know him not us.. i think you should do it yourself.. it is not hard,, you just gotta have a few tools and a cherry picker..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.