Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i went to get my oil change at jiffy lube and ofcourse they recommend all this other bs, oilchange was 38 bucks then he was like you need a new filter wecharge 40 bucks for that i was like no thanks than hes like you need a fuel injection cleaning that cost 80 bucks. Do i really need the injector cleaned stuff? i only had my accord for a year....

·
Registered
35 Posts
First of all... DAMN $38.00 for an oil change!! Thats a rip-off, my honda dealership by me is $19.95. dont pay $40.00 for a filter just goto your local autoparts place and pick one up, ther no more than $10-$15. Thats really easy to do too. About the injectors though, are you the origanal owner? Or did you buy it from someone, if you did that did they ever get the injectors clean? Just something you might look into.

stickmoney

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i'm original owner of the car, and my dealership charge 55 for oil change haha, im not too worried about the filter but i am feeling a bit of power loss, not sure if its from filter or injectors thou

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Accord02Type-R said:
no i'm original owner of the car, and my dealership charge 55 for oil change haha, im not too worried about the filter but i am feeling a bit of power loss, not sure if its from filter or injectors thou
holy fuckness?!!?!?! $55 for a freaking oil change is insane!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya factory likes to rape people in the arse, and i gota do it to keep my warranty on my tranny. So do i need that injector cleaner thing for 80 buckS?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kk haha, they was like i think you should get it becuz it will decrease your car's hp up to 50% i was like whatever my car is new but i wanted to make sure =]

·
Registered
456 Posts
did they give you a complimentary tube of KY jelly from that ass pounding? damm your getting jacked!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
if u want a injector cleaning, do it urself..it costs 5 bucks...maybe they have the tech knowledge to open ur fuel rail and put cleaner directly through there...but i highly doubt it...

fuk it...and maybe u should try to tackle an oil change yourself...save u money for gas.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont think they mean just pouring that solution into the gas tank, cuz they told me 85 bucks so i'm sure its more than that

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
they can say ne thing they want and do ne t hing they want...quick lube places dont have that good of a rep..

ask them waht tehy will do to the fuel system exactly and where and what they use...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
lol they arent expensive....

well i just rememberd...some fuel injection cleaners are soo good that they are bad and remain in your oil. this is why i use a fuel injection cleaner before every oil change so it wont stay in the oil.

if jifffy uses their strong stuff then it may remain in the oil....it may not effect ne thing much, but it may do something that you dont want it to do..

ill save u 80 bucks and buy 5 dollars of lucaus or chevron fuel injection cleaner...and then go change ur oil.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
damn-way too much to change your oil-just do it yourself and save a few bucks-

·
Registered
343 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.