Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Honda! I wanted to run this thread that is on a corvette site regarding a Honda CRV that went in for an oil change at a dealership and right afterwards it appears the engine now has to be rebuilt. We all heard of these stories, but this one is happening right now. There are many responses from corvette owners there and they have given their thoughts about it. I think you would find it interesting as well and perhaps you could provide some feedback here in your forums.

Here is the link to the thread:

http://www.corvettevalley.com/showthread.php?t=4032

What do you all think happened?

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
hmmm, quite unlucky there. I work a honda dealership and I have never ever heard of dipstick holders braking, Usually there is a tube that is held by a 10 mm bolt and its not that expensive to replace. To me it sounds like the dealership fucked up bad and starved the motor.

·
Retired *********
2,995 Posts
I usually change the oil in my own cars, but when I was deployed to kuwait for 8 months I told my wife to take it to the Honda dealership to have it done because Honda has a reputation for quality work...
Well, I won't ever be taking it back to the dealership anymore. To put it bluntly...those fuckers didn't give a shit about quality and /or taking pride in their work. They overfilled the car's oil capacity at least by a quart. My wife doesnt know any better, so I told her that it was way overfilled when I checked it recently upon coming home.
Honda should be more careful who they hire to do work on other people's cars if they want to live up to their reputation. Stop hiring these punks who don't give a shit about anything because it's not their car in the first place. I can guarantee that they wouldn't do that to their car.
Everytime I think about that I just get annoyed.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
i'm going to take a different route here-

we are seeing more and more bad cylinder heads on 99-01 CRVS. if a valve adjustment isn't done regularily, you will probably have head problems.

here is the service bulletin in reguards to this issue.

http://www.verzend.be/v/4750104/a03_038.pdf.html

good luck.

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
HondatechAV6 said:
i'm going to take a different route here-

we are seeing more and more bad cylinder heads on 99-01 CRVS. if a valve adjustment isn't done regularily, you will probably have head problems.

here is the service bulletin in reguards to this issue.

http://www.verzend.be/v/4750104/a03_038.pdf.html

good luck.
That is so true. I see a lot of them coming in running like shit, they sound like damn tanks. Usually the valves are too tight. Its funny the other day i had a dip stick tube get stuck to the dip stick and its a pain in the ass to put it back in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i agree with most ppl's opinion of dealers, they get a license, to steal hardcore, i bought my relatively low mileage 95' RX7 about 3 years ago and it managed to get a boost leak soon after. unbknownst to my ignorant a$$/ panic back then i assumed the last owner didnt take care of it and i thought the turbo's were on their way out because i couldnt locate any vacuum lines off or air leaking noticeably from a specific location so i took it to a dealer...of course, hey what did i know ?!? lol now im doing swaps...with a lil help of course, thanks klungemonger = p

so i get there and i notice the $90/ hr charge for all work they do and the guys tells me an inspection like this could take up to abt 2 hrs. im like jeez this sucks...so they go to it. two and a half hours later i get a call on my cell whilst reading in barnes and noble, a walk away, to come back and they will go through with me what they found...

i get there and he smiles as he says no problems! so i say great what the hell was it a vacuum line?? i didnt see anything disconnected, he says "oh no" as he rings me up a balance of $216 and change "it was the hose clamp on the intake pipe, between the intake manifold and turbos, it was just lose" but you have a a recall due for some solenoids but yours are still working...blah blah blah.....

my head sank as i realized i just paid 216 dollars for some guy to tighten a damn screw on a hose clamp, ppl are crazy if they think ignorance is bliss, now i make it a point to know everything about a car i own...

damn dealers
that was the last time i got screwedby them... or anyone

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
sorry to hear. sounds like a faulty oil change could have been done. as far as replacing fuel injectors? thats totally unrelated. and for 700? holy shiite..
sometimes cars break at the same time services are performed and people think its the mechanic's fault when it really isnt. and sometimes they fuck up. how to you distinguish? if you care to distinguish, you will learn to do your own *simple* oil changes and misc repairs yourself.

honestly i think parrot has more $ than brains. and that the honda dealer is taking advantage of that after fucking his car up.

i didnt care to read the entire thread. IMO if they fucked up the oil change the first time, coulda fucked somethin up with metal-metal contact, then when they changed oil again, they broke something in the head from the first time from the lack of oil.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Never heard of a B series block cracking, getting a hole punched in it yes, but cracking no. It probably shit all its oil out, cause the motor to gain a ton of friction, it overheats, and fucks shit up. Hence why they did a second oil change to cover up the first mistake. And I worked at a car dealership for 2 years, and their motto is "Perception is reality", which means lie all I want as long as it seems true to you who cares.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good place to mention it -- the reason I will NEVER AGAIN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A HONDA VEHICLE? Honda dealership service departments! I'm not even getting warranty work done there anymore -- would rather pay for it and have it done right, in one visit, without the full-day delays and repeat visits. Bring it in at 8 AM and call at 5, only to be told "We haven't had a chance to look at it yet." No more! SIX consecutive visits, hours each time, to get the warning light to go off and stay off? No more! Make an appointment, show up on time only to be told "Oh, that doesn't mean we start work on the car at that time, it just lets us know that you're coming in that day." No more!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.