Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My civic is lowered 2" and i was wondering if it'll be a problem draining the oil once i get the car on the ramps, beause it'll be at such an angle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
I don't really see how it would be a problem. Would be just like jacking it up. I don't know about yours but my drain bolt is on the rear side of the pan so that it all flows that way anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,996 Posts
wapmonk said:
My civic is lowered 2" and i was wondering if it'll be a problem draining the oil once i get the car on the ramps, beause it'll be at such an angle?
no it won't.

The way they designed the oil plug [nut] is on the back end and its slanted, so when you jack you car up [or in you case, on ramps] the oil will disperse with no problems.

Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it done simply, i jus used the big old low jack and jacked it was up and it was no problem, but the autostore gave me the wrong filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
wapmonk said:
got it done simply, i jus used the big old low jack and jacked it was up and it was no problem, but the autostore gave me the wrong filter.
man, i so rarely trust those bastards... they will be the first to tell you that a car has only one size wiper blade too.... :td:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea dude from now on im if i dont know something then i'll look it up myself, stupid autozone, oh and yea my car cant get up ramps at all, i had absolutely no clearance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
wapmonk said:
yea dude from now on im if i dont know something then i'll look it up myself, stupid autozone, oh and yea my car cant get up ramps at all, i had absolutely no clearance
my friends Si was on H&R race springs... when we took it to our shop two guys had to grab the fenderwell and lift so I could swing the lifting pad under the lift point.... this was a professionsal freakin lift too!:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grocgetr said:
my friends Si was on H&R race springs... when we took it to our shop two guys had to grab the fenderwell and lift so I could swing the lifting pad under the lift point.... this was a professionsal freakin lift too!:eek:
hahaha we had to do the same thing except there was no lift involved, luckily civics arent that heavy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
hey if you cant get up your ramps just put some wood in front of em, thats what i had to do with my civic and its stock height!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,616 Posts
had a similar problem, couldnt park in my driveway because it was slammed so low. I couldnt even use boards. I had to do about a 100 point turn to get it in the driveway an when i finally got in, i was perpendicular (sp?) with my driveway and had to then straighten out. haha

depending on how high the slant your car is in when changing the oil, the only problem would be how far our and how fast the oil comes out of the oil pan. =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
djcaseanova said:
had a similar problem, couldnt park in my driveway because it was slammed so low. I couldnt even use boards. I had to do about a 100 point turn to get it in the driveway an when i finally got in, i was perpendicular (sp?) with my driveway and had to then straighten out. haha

depending on how high the slant your car is in when changing the oil, the only problem would be how far our and how fast the oil comes out of the oil pan. =)
haha i know exactly how you feel with the driveways and speed bumps as well, it sucks in northern virginia there are speedbumps and driveways everywhere you go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had absolutely no clearance at all trying to get up the ramp, had to jack it up and put jack stands under it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
My car isn't even lowered and it sucks tryin to get my jack stands under it. Glad you got it changed ok though, sometimes its a bish.:tu2:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top