Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHEN IT STAYS WHERE ITS SUPPOSE TO BE!

Im pretty sure its the pan gasket, but need some more input on other possibilities. Ive heard of the oil pressure sensor leaking badly, but there is no oil on the backside of the block. I also thought front main seal, but I doubt that as well since the oil is not originating from behind the crank pully. Also not pictured but there is oil all along the rim of the pan extended above the header, which makes for fun driving because it drips down and starts smoking on the pipes. :w00t So %'s 60% pan gasket only; 25% pan gasket AND pan; 15% chance something else, at least thats my take on it.

BTW, yes, that is all oil covering the front suspension, its not water, and its not grease spun from the axle, its oil.....

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
that would be one bad leak from the pan gasket. mine leaked but it just seaped through and made gunk on the pan itself. but its only like 30 for the gasket and not very long to change it out.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
what car and year/engine? im considering swapping the pan gasket on mine(civic) also for a similar leak, just not so bad :hehe and nothing drips on the exhaust.
i know mine does burn oil, but i dont wanna fix that. too much of a pain/too expensive. but i can stop leaks like gaskets. the only thing i can source it from is the pan. one other thing you may wanna look into is the distributor seal. its gone bad on every honda ive owned pre 95, and most people have replaced them or i replaced for them. 5 minute/5 dollar deal. just peek under the distributor and look.
let me know if that pan drop is a bitch and what i should look out for before i try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.