Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i just installed a sunpro oil pressure gauge on my base prelude and it works perfectly but now my oil pressure light is on and wont go away. any ideas why?
i wanted to keep the factory sensor on there just for this reason so i used a T fitting with the correct threads to do the install (see picture) if anyone could give me some direction it would be appreciated. should be noted when i relocated the oil pressure sensor i located it upside/perpendicular to the motor (as seen in picture to avoid half shaft) but this should matter i dont think. Also i used high temp silicon on the threads (grounding problem maybe? i doubt it) but any input would be great.
thanks

Attachments

· Registered
1,278 Posts
I was about to say, if your not losing pressure anywhere I'd be looking for the electrical part f it,, But why did you put a mechanical gauge in?? You know if that line bust or gets cut its going to be one hell of a big ass sloppy mess...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.