Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so is it true that the type r oil pump and gsr oil pump are different?
if so, does NE one know if the prelude type s oil pump is different from the j-h22a?

stronger oil pump=stronger engagement of teh vtec

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I don't see why the type S engine would need a different oil pump from any regular JDM h22, i'd think they were the same.

Also I don't see how the oil pump has anything to do with VTEC engaging any harder. Care to enligthen me if im wrong.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
digink said:
I don't see why the type S engine would need a different oil pump from any regular JDM h22, i'd think they were the same.

Also I don't see how the oil pump has anything to do with VTEC engaging any harder. Care to enligthen me if im wrong.
vtec works most off oil pressure...the "selonoid" is really a piston in there.
the J-h22 vtec hits harder than a my stock 5th gen usdm-h22 did..by far..so i was wondering if the "stock"j-h22 vs the type s was ne different being that the cams are more aggressive compression etc etc wouldnt it make sense to have a stronger oil pump to push out that 20 xtra hp's

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump...someone gotta know for a fact?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Tien, someone by the name of "Keith" on PO did a thing on this with his JDM and usdm motor.

The oil pumps are the same. Too bad im not on there anymore or else I would of taken some pictures for you guys.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SeeMeGo said:
Tien, someone by the name of "Keith" on PO did a thing on this with his JDM and usdm motor.

The oil pumps are the same. Too bad im not on there anymore or else I would of taken some pictures for you guys.
thanx dood, hey if i get looked at like im stoopid and dat the answer is the wrong answer imma come lookin fo joo

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
higher volume oil pump will rob you of some power.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spray004 said:
higher volume oil pump will rob you of some power.
yes but at the same time, it can add some, type r oil pumps are different from gsr.
some gsr got two stage vtec type r only has one, but a stronger oil pump.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
ive been thinking that this might be *one* of the reasons why h23vtec's seem to spin bearings.

i have an h22 pump tho :tu

i think it does make vtec hit harder... it forces oil through the system faster i believe. this is why some people clean their vtec solenoid screen, so the oil can rush in and make the vtec snap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts