Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
lol, i hope you've already read what ppl replied in your h t .com thread

i've seen a similar kit on a prelude. he did a battery relocation kit and put the oil filter where the battery would be. its really un-neccessary and mainly a "for-show" mod.

oil filters are not hard to get to on preludes and it keeps you getting under the car to make sure everything is a-ok. and why would you need 2 filters ????

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
petern101 said:
lol, i hope you've already read what ppl replied in your h t .com thread

i've seen a similar kit on a prelude. he did a battery relocation kit and put the oil filter where the battery would be. its really un-neccessary and mainly a "for-show" mod.

oil filters are not hard to get to on preludes and it keeps you getting under the car to make sure everything is a-ok. and why would you need 2 filters ????
i dont kow about u guys, but honda put those filters in a bad spot. right above the exhaust. i love how it drips all over it. an let me tell yeah..burnt oil smells so good. :p

thats why. :)

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DOHCVTEC190 said:
thats why i put aluminum foil over the header so it doesnt drip onto the header/exhaust when i remove the oil filter.

:clap
haha. there bashing me all over on HT. i like this idea. to many haters. i think i might pick one up. i think it would be easier to install the oil pressure gauge along with oil for the turbo. i dont know...well see. hummm............

·
Registered
98 Posts
^thats about opinion

i mean it seems like both of yall are being babies about it.

you asked how it was, ppl gave their opinions. its like you are trying to get them to say "yeah its great now buy it" kinda like support for buying it.

i dont' find it hard to change my oil filter, and yes the header is kinda in the way but nothing a shop towel doesn't take care of.

where were you planning on putting it? because you might get oil dripping on other places as well.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'll admit, earlier this morning I thought it was a gay idea, But the ease of installing the oil pressure gauge makes sense. Be sure to do a little write-up, or at least some step by step pictures. I'm interested to see how this works out. I say go for it :btu

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
petern101 said:
^thats about opinion

i mean it seems like both of yall are being babies about it.

you asked how it was, ppl gave their opinions. its like you are trying to get them to say "yeah its great now buy it" kinda like support for buying it.

i dont' find it hard to change my oil filter, and yes the header is kinda in the way but nothing a shop towel doesn't take care of.

where were you planning on putting it? because you might get oil dripping on other places as well.
i wasnt lookin on how great it is was..just tryong to get some insight. all i got is..is junk an it leake...what..u dont know how to change your oil. bunch of **** to me.

i was seeing if anone used these in the past. that was it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
i wasnt lookin on how great it is was..just tryong to get some insight. all i got is..is junk an it leake...what..u dont know how to change your oil. bunch of **** to me.

i was seeing if anone used these in the past. that was it.
stay here then....

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
WTF??!!??

Dude, what in earth are you thinking on doing? Man, don't do this mod... it's rediculous, our motor comes with an Oil Cooler below the OIL FILTER, and there is absolutely no need for two filters... :noo Dude, I know you love to deal on your car but do things that are necesary if you're talking about mods. That's a rediculous mod if you ask me and I'm sure that OEM placement at Honda spec is the most efficient for our motors. If you want to get something good then get a Greddy Oil Cooler which is a lot bigger and more efficient that the OEM one. ;)

Hahahaha, I still cannot beleive you would actually think on buying this. :lol2

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Freakin'H22A said:
Dude, what in earth are you thinking on doing? Man, don't do this mod... it's rediculous, our motor comes with an Oil Cooler below the OIL FILTER, and there is absolutely no need for two filters... :noo Dude, I know you love to deal on your car but do things that are necesary if you're talking about mods. That's a rediculous mod if you ask me and I'm sure that OEM placement at Honda spec is the most efficient for our motors. If you want to get something good then get a Greddy Oil Cooler which is a lot bigger and more efficient that the OEM one. ;)

Hahahaha, I still cannot beleive you would actually think on buying this. :lol2
im not doing for coolin reasons, im doing for accessiblity reason. i had a greddy oil cooler in my rex. i think i paid way to much. i just think it would be nice have right there. i dont know we'll see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.