Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i used to swear by pioneer/premier HU's but i now hate them due to their RCA out issues, i think i am finally in a position to buy a new HU,however here are my conditions, i need front, rear, and sub RCA's, i want data CD support, meaning like with my premier i can put 100+ songs on a CD and it will play them, i have an ipod and a zune, so id like support for at least one of them if not both, hi volt pre-outs, high RMS i am not too concerned with HU display, but i dont want something that looks like an alarm clock.. if it helps i am running a 4 channel 650 watt amp to 4x infinity speakers,factory tweeters for now but i want to upgrade front speakers to focal components replacing the tweets too, and am considering adding maybe 1 10 or 12 sub, i am leaning towards something alpine?? ive always had good sound and power out of them any ideas??

· Registered
39,372 Posts
alpine ftw.

i had one like 4 years ago before i got into the car pc scene and i swore by it.

· Registered
2,529 Posts
alpine ftw.

i had one like 4 years ago before i got into the car pc scene and i swore by it.
:werd: Alpine or go home! It will do everything you listed and more, not to mention they are incredibly well built and have a much better interface than Kenwood, in my opinion. When I had my alpine in my civic, I could not get that thing to skip, either from inside the deck, or from the mp3 cd-changer, so I just gave up trying, lol.

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
i love my pioneer and haven't heard of these rca problems you speak of. but alpine is pretty badass

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Eclipse>all 8 volt preouts and 6 channel RCA FTMFW even does DVD data discs for mega music ciompilations, and hjas internal harddrive, slightly more expensive at 800-1200 bucks new :lol

· Registered
621 Posts
there is actually this stereo in best buy... it's not a cd player, you just stick your ipod in it. it's pretty sweet. but if you have no ipod, no point in getting it haha. i like it cuz instead of sliding in a cd, you slide in a ipod :)

· Registered
3,194 Posts
What's wrong with pioneer pre-outs? My avic has 4V, and feeding a PDX5 just fine. The only feature I wish it had was time alignment, but I'm planning to disconnect the rear speakers, get a processor(probably a 3sixty.2), and go active with the fronts(active as in no passive crossover). Also my F90 not only does mp3 cds, but handles mp3 dvd's as well. The only big pisser is that it is a windows device so it actually has a boot time to it. Nav + Good sound + lots of great features for $500, can't shake a stick at it.

· Registered
34,361 Posts
What's wrong with pioneer pre-outs? My avic has 4V, and feeding a PDX5 just fine. The only feature I wish it had was time alignment, but I'm planning to disconnect the rear speakers, get a processor(probably a 3sixty.2), and go active with the fronts(active as in no passive crossover). Also my F90 not only does mp3 cds, but handles mp3 dvd's as well. The only big pisser is that it is a windows device so it actually has a boot time to it. Nav + Good sound + lots of great features for $500, can't shake a stick at it.
they have issues on the board that cause whine

· Registered
10,346 Posts
grounding issue maybe? Only thing I can think of, besides maybe a power wire too close to a signal wire.

· Registered
3,194 Posts
Odd, is it certain models? I'm very picky about transient noise, and the F90 is pretty damn clean. I have my tweeters aimed on axis, and if there was the faintest whine I'd have to kill someone.

· Registered
34,361 Posts
Odd, is it certain models? I'm very picky about transient noise, and the F90 is pretty damn clean. I have my tweeters aimed on axis, and if there was the faintest whine I'd have to kill someone.
usually between the 6000 an 8000 product line. it was worse from 05 to 07. i think they fixed it. the radio would seek ground through the rcas and cause the audio i/c to blow

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.