Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's an idea.......within the past month, i've fabricated JDM (black housing) headlights for a 96 accord, and a 2000 civic SI......i was thinking......wouldn't it look badass if the 92-95 civics had black housing headlights?? YES, i KNOW that the lense has a beam pattern on it, but nonetheless, i think the black housing with the "chrome oval" will look sweet on the hatch.....i have vision corners, so i dont think it'll look tacky at all.....i have nothing planned for tomorrow, so now i ask YOU.....am i wasting my time or should i "live outside the box"....????

·
Registered
868 Posts
I tried this and was displeased with the results. I first taped off the oval chrome in the middle of the headlamp and focused on painting the outsides of the headlight. Well, as you know there isn't much chrome outside of that center oval area that needs to stay chrome. I was displeased with just that outside area being painted and i sucked it up and painted ALL of it black and clearcoated the shit out of it...needless to say it didn't turn out too well. The headlights were way to dim, even with the highbeams on. My advice, stay away from EG black housings, it just doesn't work out very well...

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
my brother actualy did this to his 94 DX Coupe. and his civic is black so it looks bad ass. he tried it with the clear corners too and they broke so he got his "back up" foggy corners and they broke too, then he tried his OEM corners and he blackened them out which looks pretty rad. they still have the orange for an OEM look but the chrome on the inside is balck, cause the blinkers don't really PROJECT light you know? they just need to blink. it looks pretty bad ass ;) i think it's TOTALLY worth it :)

ghost

1 - 4 of 4 Posts