Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PICTURES!! ok give me the opinions on the new crx buy with jdm swap

bought a 1991 crx si,, with a b16a from an SIr crx.
it has a staged 2 clutch,
header with 2 O2 sensors
exhaust
coilovers only in front??
short shift
engine bay somewhat wire tucked
jdm trans? very short gears- cable trans, kid said trans was with engine when he bought online....so crx sir?

runs perfect.
throws no codes
full interior
stock si rims with falkens
red
factory floormats
some rust on quarters, but still solid
138,000 on the shell

so what do you think of the setup? i was very happy with the 5hr ride home.

every search results just brings back kids "looking to do a swap" lol

tell me what you think and spare me the attitude:bash

and yes there is a new cold air intake on it now, these were the pics from when i bought it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
im kinda confused.. the intake manifold makes it look like an obd-0 motor, which is correct for the crx, short gears, also correct for that year tranny, but 2 O2 sensors?? as far as i know thats an OBD2 thing...

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
im kinda confused.. the intake manifold makes it look like an obd-0 motor, which is correct for the crx, short gears, also correct for that year tranny, but 2 O2 sensors?? as far as i know thats an OBD2 thing...
I agree, the part about the o2's is wierd, perhaps its an OBD2 motor?????

As far as the rot goes, get it taken care of ASAP. The best way to do it, IMO, is to check how far the cancer has spread on the back side of the quarter panel. Do this, because that Honda has rotted from the inside out, not outside in as most people think.

Once you find out how bad it is inside, cut out the cancer, and get some sheet metal to replace. They actually make pre-fabbed kits of the typical rotted spots on Civic's CRX's that you can buy for quite reasonable prices.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
read up on the 1st gen b16a . they came in the sir with two forwarded mounted o2 sensors. i also hae the jdm pr3 ecu, and throw no codes whatsover.yes it is obd0

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
not even a b16b??? the b16a in his crx is a hell of an improvement on what WAS in there........
that's like saying herpes is better than genital warts.......you could put a b18b in there and see the same if not more of an improvement over a b16a upgrade with more usable tq/linear power.....and the b16b is overpriced and overrated...."lets use a type r 1.8 liter block but make it a 1.6 liter to make 150ish whp at a stratospheric rpm and still find a way to charge people 4000 dollars for an overrated paperweight"

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
that's like saying herpes is better than genital warts.......you could put a b18b in there and see the same if not more of an improvement over a b16a upgrade with more usable tq/linear power.....and the b16b is overpriced and overrated...."lets use a type r 1.8 liter block but make it a 1.6 liter to make 150ish whp at a stratospheric rpm and still find a way to charge people 4000 dollars for an overrated paperweight"
Engine's are normally developed like this for EDM market our tax bands are based on the engine size the bigger the engine the more road tax we pay.

Engine size (cc)
12 months rate

Not over 1549 (1600cc)
£ 125.00

Over 1549 (1600cc)
£ 205.00

So we save £80 per yr+reduced insurance.
This is why so many 1.6 liters are turned out, For the EDM market.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Engine's are normally developed like this for EDM market our tax bands are based on the engine size the bigger the engine the more road tax we pay.

Engine size (cc)
12 months rate

Not over 1549 (1600cc)
£ 125.00

Over 1549 (1600cc)
£ 205.00

So we save £80 per yr+reduced insurance.
This is why so many 1.6 liters are turned out, For the EDM market.
we don't live in Europe...b16b costs us

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30006

B16B (EK TypeR) Complete Change Over

Price: $ 3599.00 Plus shipping and handling

forget that......

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
we don't pay taxes for people needing to compensate for the size of their dick with their engine. we pay taxes cause stupid people run this country and think health care is free.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts

·
Registered
5,141 Posts

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
yeah, America FTW, larger engine = more fun!! And in lots of cases, less money. You could by lots of powerful 5-7 liter v8's for the same price as a b16.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
yeah, America FTW, larger engine = more fun!! And in lots of cases, less money. You could by lots of powerful 4.3-5.7liter v8's or 2.5-3.0 liter twin turbo 6cylinders engines, or 3.5 liter 300hp v6'sfor the same price as a b16.
fixed

but in all seriousness...b18b, b18c, h22a...i'd find a way to put those in

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
we don't pay taxes for people needing to compensate for the size of their dick with their engine. we pay taxes cause stupid people run this country and think health care is free.
umm actually we do...i thought you worked at a place that sold vipers.....did you read the price tag? there is a gas guzzler tax for larger displacement motors in vehicles when you purchase the car.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts