Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I went to change my oil and I was about 300/400 miles over,my car does not smoke at all,not during hard acceleration,deceleration,not when it's cold it simply does not smoke at all.It also has no leaks at all,when SHO gets back to normal you can look at my gallery and see how clean I keep my engine bay and there is not a drop of oil anywhere,not on the engine and never on the ground.

But back to the topic,I was like 3/400 miles over and I notice a big loss of power,valves started rattling,would sound like it was going to blow at anything over 5000 rpm's and I drain my oil to find at the most a quart of oil :wow so I'm like WTF?

There is no oil in my anti-freeze so it is not the head gasket and my car is maintained perfectly,I'm not throwing any CEL's

Where could it have gone,I mean something has to be wrong cause I have been working on cars for a solid 10 years and have never seen this happen,nor have I ever heard about this happening so I'm dumb founded

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
oh damn.. that sound bad. did the O-ring in the oil filter seat rite? Maybe it valve seals or oil rings.

wat oil did u use? 10w-30 is thicker than 5w-30 and should slow the burning down. do u think it was burning inside that cause loss of oil even though u dont see smoke? Perhap it could be due to high revving

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Yeah, this happened to me just a few months ago, but I was a few thousand over. I didn't get an oil light, but my CEL was already on due to the secondary O2 being removed. I don't know how the car even ran, I doubt half a quart came out!!! Thank goodness I use synthetic...

Or maybe it's a bad thing...if I'd have kept driving I'd have blown this Y7 up, then the wife would HAVE to let me get a swap!

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to tell you guys the truth I dont know what the hell is wrong with it,and to be honest I'm getting to the point that I dont care either.I think going to try and sale it after the South East Meet I do beleive.I love Honda's so much for the reliability and such,plus it is a blast to turn my car loose on a mointain road but I want something a lil bigger.

I'm young,dont have kids or a wife so at this point I have a better chance at getting something a lil less conservative than I will when I start with the whole having a family deal

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe,but I test drove a STI today and it was the creamy goodness :lol2

It is a 04 with 8100 miles on it at the local Chevy dealer,a dude who I know had it and changed the oil every 2500 with mobil1,it's never been in the rain,and is blue on blue with bronze wheeels for $26,000.I think I may look for another one and if I can get one for around $20,000 I'll get one but if not I see SRT4's allday for around $15,000 so that will probly be the route I go

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so where do you guys think my oil went?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
if it never smoked, id say it was a cockpit problem... maybe loose filter or drainplug...

have you pissed anyone off lately? maybe you're getting f__ed with. just a thought

1 - 8 of 8 Posts