Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok its killing me,the H22 or a B series

ok i have a 92 civic 4door with a d15b7. i installed the 96 ex tranny ,centerforce clutch ,greddy header,b&m fuel pressure regulator & guage, and aem cold air .in hopes of finishing the mini-me swap i all most bought the ex head .then i read the honda tunning mag with the mini me install read up.it dynoed at something like 123 hp. i was like DAMIT.. all the money i spent was waisted . so now im debateing on the h22 , i know its a big step up but i need to keep thoes vw faggits in line.so should i go with my plans on the h22 or do some thing a little smaller cuz i cant decide. and im going all motor so keep that in mind. if you help me out ill hook up some rep points , thanks

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
IMHO, if u are into racing...h22a is not the best...its hella heavy, it maye have high hp and torgue but i ment teh wieght kils it...u'll also need to upgrade suspension to hodl up ur car and to keep teh handleing decent

if i were in ur shoes i would go ls/vtec....most people dont liek it but imo it is a great swap...pretty cheap compared to otehr motors...and is fast stock

i have seen videos of my friends buddy driving his crx with a ls/vtec and some internals hit 11's

most people wont agree with me when i say ls/vtec but i knwo once i actually get my civic...tahst the route i will be going, and if not ls vtec then i will go ls turbo but ls/vtec is cheaper

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
also i forgot to metnion what are ur plans for teh h22a....it doesnt like forced induction to much and really i dont knwo what else it could eb used for...again the wight is just a key factor which would cause me not to choose it

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
hey man, if you do plan on autocrossing your car do not get a h22, it is way too heavy, if you do plan on autocrossing get a b18. but if you just want to show people up on the highway or the strip, the h22 will meet your needs, it's a good bang for the buck, 200hp 156tq and 7,400 redline. good luck with whatever you do, i have a lude with the h22, i love it, but putting that in a civic and you will fly!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
GS-R that civic. You're going to sprned a bit more cheaddar to get it to fit. I've done the swap, it's a pain (especially going from atuo to stick!) and the car handles like dookie. He hates it. But it's quick in teh straight line. He got pretty pissed to wen he got beat buy a CRX with a B16 with cams. :bh

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yah i thought about a gsr too ,but it depends on the money i save till next winter. i was thinking of buying a civic front clip with the b16a2 in it because i can just transfer every thing from the clip to my car,wireing and all sounds easy.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i wouldn't say that it sucks, 85 lbs heavier that a b16, gobs more torque. with a decent suspension setup it could perform nicely. but hell, anytime you do a swap (except maybe a d-d or f-f) suspention upgrades are a good idea anyway... so .....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.