Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and the only thing I found was a prelude guy asking, and it just said pry it off. I want to make sure that it's going to be the same for the accord. I have a 6th gen (1999) sedan and I want to install my new component speakers but I wasn't sure how to get the door panels off. I'd also figure that I would have to unsnap a few wire harnesses for the window and lock switches, right? I just want someone who's taken them off firsthand to give me some pointers, thanks!

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
krazykloudz said:
I searched and the only thing I found was a prelude guy asking, and it just said pry it off. I want to make sure that it's going to be the same for the accord. I have a 6th gen (1999) sedan and I want to install my new component speakers but I wasn't sure how to get the door panels off. I'd also figure that I would have to unsnap a few wire harnesses for the window and lock switches, right? I just want someone who's taken them off firsthand to give me some pointers, thanks!
WTF Man, SEARCH :bh
hahahah j/p :hug
Most door panels come off the same way. Just open the door all the way and look at it, most likely the door handle has a little cutout on it that is covered.
Screw is under there.
The little driver side console for the windows is usually a screw in there or u push/pull it to get it out.
And as for the whole panel itself, there is usually little push rivet things all around the door panel that you can remove and then the door lock itself which unscrews.......and then you lift up a bit on top and pull gently but firmly.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. So I'm looking at about two or three screws or so, then just the plastic rivits... hmmm this shouldn't be too hard at all, I'll just have to be careful not to break anything, I seem to be good at doing that lately, haha my luck.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
krazykloudz said:
Thanks man. So I'm looking at about two or three screws or so, then just the plastic rivits... hmmm this shouldn't be too hard at all, I'll just have to be careful not to break anything, I seem to be good at doing that lately, haha my luck.
Ya, its not too hard man, most of the stuff is pretty obvious if you look closely.
The rivets are under little plastic covers that are made to match the door pretty well.
Screws are usually on the console pieces for windows and the handles
And the door lock is unscrewed, after that its jus about using enough pressure to get it off.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
putty knife is your friend to pop the panels, nice and easy as compared to hooking the fingers underneath the panel and breaking the plastic rivets

1 - 6 of 6 Posts