Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. this is the stuff i want.. not a big setup.. but just so i could listen to my stuff in a slightly richer than stock way. anyway.. i wanna add a 12" sub and a cdplayer. what do i need? and how much will it cost?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I see you live in L.A. So, whatever you decide, you can always roll down to 11th St. downtown on a Saturday morning and find a great deal. If you're not familiar with 11th St., it's a wholesale district for electronics. Note: Most of the stuff down there is transhipped or gray market so you're not going to get a manufacturer's warranty. You kind of take your chances but you can save 30-70% on all kinds of stuff from altezzas to neon to everything audio. I've never had a problem with any of the stuff I've bought there. That doesn't mean it can't happen. But they'd be stupid to screw people over so I hear a few are pretty good at taking defective stuff back for exchange.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
you will need a mono amp, or a 2 channel amp and you can bridge it. make sure you get the right amp for the right sub.
buy a sub and a box of your choice
get an amp kit which comes with power cables and connections to the cd player
get any cd player
rca cable, only if the amp kit doesnt come with one
get wire harness made for your car

thats all you need to get running

·
Registered
739 Posts
GSteg said:
ehh..by any chance you visit down huntington beach/westminster area? :D
Not very often. Work in Anaheim. Usually hit Newport/Laguna area if I'm headed to the beach.

·
Registered
739 Posts
E. 11th Street between S. Central Ave. and Stanford in downtown near the garment district. See the Mapquest map link below. Central Ave. exit off 10 fwy. Gotta go on a Sat. morning. Closed on Sundays. I usually go to A&K but you can check out others. Some shops are wholesale only. Parking is a bitch.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&addr=11th+street&city=Los+Angeles&state=CA&csz=Los+Angeles,+CA&slt=33.999100&sln=-118.329400&Ds=n&mlt=34.036266&mln=-118.241608&zip=&country=us&mag=9&cs=9&BFClient=&BFKey=&poi=&poititle=&map.x=171&map.y=286

1 - 9 of 9 Posts